About to order a SYE Kit and CV Driveshaft.

Blackout

TJ Enthusiast
My friend is a vendor at River city offroad and the kit he can get me is the Adams 1310 driveshaft with the Advance Adapters SYE.

Anyone have experience with these? Anything I should know about them? I tried google and would like to hear first hand from anyone who has used/uses these.

Thanks!

My Jeep is on a 3" lift.

Excellent kit, both the driveshaft, and sye are well regarded. Proper way to go about things is to do the sye and then measure for driveshaft so it is built to the correct length. If they are just shipping out some generic length shaft with a kit I would not go that route if it were me.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Customer service with Adam's Driveshafts was second to none in my experience when I purchased a new front driveshaft. I highly recommend them.

Reactions: Kevin E
Both of those should be fine. I would insist they build the driveshaft only with the Spicer 5-1310x u-joints, they're the best. Don't let them talk you into greasable u-joints like Spicer's 5-153x which is not as strong, not as durable, and a PITA to have to keep greased.

My friend is a vendor at River city offroad and the kit he can get me is the Adams 1310 driveshaft with the Advance Adapters SYE.

Anyone have experience with these? Anything I should know about them? I tried google and would like to hear first hand from anyone who has used/uses these.

Thanks!

My Jeep is on a 3" lift.
I got that kit, works great and they have excellent customer service. Pay the extra $ for the non-greasable ujoints.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, ill go forward with this kit. It does come with the the solid Spicer u-joints in the driveline so I wont have to grease them.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Adams driveshaft makes good shafts. I bought one and specified only 5-1310x u-joints and a non greasable CV kit. Received it a few days later. Good product. Adams or something made by Tom Wood are the only driveshafts I'd buy.

Reactions: Kevin E
Another question.
I am reading I need a new track bar relocation bracket that is angled. Can I run that with my stock rear track bar? Do I need a rear adjustable track bar to go with it?

Or Do I just get a rear adjustable track bar and be fine?

TIA

Another question.
I am reading I need a new track bar relocation bracket that is angled. Can I run that with my stock rear track bar? Do I need a rear adjustable track bar to go with it?

Or Do I just get a rear adjustable track bar and be fine?

TIA

What brand of lift?

5896d1285101772-jeep-tj-rear-trackbar-bracket-install-12-rear-trackbar-bracket.jpg

Would look something like this.

I wouldn't think so unless I'm missing something and didn't fully understand what you asked. The bracket that comes with the kit is there to lift the rear track bar into position to keep it inline with the rest of the lift.

I wouldn't think so unless I'm missing something and didn't fully understand what you asked. The bracket that comes with the kit is there to lift the rear track bar into position to keep it inline with the rest of the lift.
When I install my SYE and CV Driveshaft I need to set my pinon angle. I have read conflicting posts saying I need an angled bracket because of binding that will happen from positioning the axle. I emailed Teraflex and they just replied saying I should have no issue with the current bracket.

Anyone else have experience with this? I want to make sure I have everything ready, this is my daily driver.

When I install my SYE and CV Driveshaft I need to set my pinon angle. I have read conflicting posts saying I need an angled bracket because of binding that will happen from positioning the axle. I emailed Teraflex and they just replied saying I should have no issue with the current bracket.

Anyone else have experience with this? I want to make sure I have everything ready, this is my daily driver.

I didn't have that issue with my bracket with my SYE and CV Shaft.

Reactions: Blackout

The factory rear track bar has fixed angle joints at both ends, their angles cannot be adjusted. When you install a SYE and CV driveshaft, you need to roll the axle to raise the pinion angle due to the CV driveshaft's requirement. That changes the angle of the factory driver's side track bar bracket so it is no longer the same angle as the driver's side of the OE track bar. You need an angled track bar relocation bracket to correct the bracket's angle so it again matches the angle of the bushing at the driver's side of the track bar.

Tera was wrong if they said a non-angled track bar relocation bracket will work as well after having installed a CV driveshaft.

Last edited: