About to order a SYE Kit and CV Driveshaft.

The factory rear track bar has fixed joints at both ends, their angles cannot be adjusted. When you install a SYE and CV driveshaft, you need to roll the axle to raise the pinion angle due to the CV driveshaft's requirement. That changes the angle of the factory driver's side track bar bracket so it is no longer the same angle as the driver's side of the OE track bar. You need an angled track bar relocation bracket to correct the bracket's angle so it again matches the angle of the bushing at the driver's side of the track bar.

Tera was wrong if they said a non-angled track bar relocation bracket will work after having installed a CV driveshaft.
Can you post a pic of an angled bracket? I'm using the bracket that came with the kit but have my axle raise to correct my driveline. Want to make sure something is not amiss.

The factory rear track bar has fixed joints at both ends, their angles cannot be adjusted. When you install a SYE and CV driveshaft, you need to roll the axle to raise the pinion angle due to the CV driveshaft's requirement. That changes the angle of the factory driver's side track bar bracket so it is no longer the same angle as the driver's side of the OE track bar. You need an angled track bar relocation bracket to correct the bracket's angle so it again matches the angle of the bushing at the driver's side of the track bar.

Tera was wrong if they said a non-angled track bar relocation bracket will work after having installed a CV driveshaft.
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Suspe...2.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=101&t_pt=4303&t_pn=R/ERE1602

So If I get this one, I should be okay?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Can you post a pic of an angled bracket? I'm using the bracket that came with the kit but have my axle raise to correct my driveline. Want to make sure something is not amiss.
When the axle is rolled to raise its pinion angle for a CV driveshaft, the upper part of the bracket shown below becomes vertical to match the vertical angle of the OE track bar bushing.

F62507018.jpg

Just to confirm, that is a non-angled relocation bracket which is meant for use when there is no CV driveshaft. It works with CV driveshafts but an angled is better when you have a CV driveshaft as it positions that end of the track bar further away from the gas tank where it could otherwise come in contact in some wheeling situations.

Reactions: JP98
Just to confirm, that is a non-angled relocation bracket which is meant for use when there is no CV driveshaft. It works with CV driveshafts but an angled is better when you have a CV driveshaft as it positions that end of the track bar further away from the gas tank where it could otherwise come in contact in some wheeling situations.
Ok. I have been running it this way a long time without an problems. I didn't realize that it could cause an issue. I too will check into the angled bracket.

Ok. I have been running it this way a long time without an problems. I didn't realize that it could cause an issue. I too will check into the angled bracket.
I had installed an angled bracket into my previous TJ but recently discovered the previous unnamed owner (who should have known better!!!) of my present TJ installed a straight non-angled relocation bracket into my present TJ. :mad: I'll be replacing it with an angled bracket within the next month or two.

Reactions: JP98