Absolutely Great Christmas Gifts

buildbigboats

Supporting Member
Received some absolutely amazing Knipex pliers for Christmas from my daughter and son in law. Had never seen these before. Son in law owns a fabrication shop and swears by them. I see why. Expect they will replace all my channel lock pliers and adjustable wrenches. Definitely worth strong consideration by all wrench turners.

PXL_20221226_154057033.jpg

Those are excellent pliers.

On the same note, I got this set of very special set of Wiha drivers as a Christmas present this year. Very special because of who gave them and because how fantastic these are as a tool. They will last a lifetime, and then some.

1672081080622.png

Those are excellent pliers.

On the same note, I got this set of very special set of Wiha drivers as a Christmas present this year. Very special because of who gave them and because how fantastic these are as a tool. They will last a lifetime, and then some.

View attachment 387109

Wiha makes a GREAT screwdriver. That is a very nice set.

Santa brought
  • Harbor Freight 10mm socket survival kit
  • Folding camp table
  • Max-Bilt TrailTails
  • Bestop over-tire cargo basket kit (to go with the Bestop HighRock Oversize Tire Carrier I got a few weeks ago)
  • A few camp kitchen goodies (pour-over coffee maker and Firebox coffee grinder)
  • a leatherette shift boot that needs to be returned

Received some absolutely amazing Knipex pliers for Christmas from my daughter and son in law. Had never seen these before. Son in law owns a fabrication shop and swears by them. I see why. Expect they will replace all my channel lock pliers and adjustable wrenches. Definitely worth strong consideration by all wrench turners.

View attachment 387101

Those cobra pliers are no joke. I have better luck gripping round stock with those than with my Milwaukee vice grips. The pliers wrench is great too

Reactions: R49
My absolute favorite. All my pliers have been Knipex for years now…

My locking jaws are Grip-on though. Looking to upgrade…

Well, tools are nice and all - but when you are a little kid trapped in a grown man‘s body, Santa brings you this…

View attachment 387480

Great RC choice. Mine is a beast that keeps on going no matter what I do to it. Does feel bad the first time you roll it down the street at 50 mph though. The wheelies are so fun.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Well, tools are nice and all - but when you are a little kid trapped in a grown man‘s body, Santa brings you this…

View attachment 387480

I got this before Christmas, but yeah, the little kid inside really liked it. The adult appreciated the outstanding attention to detail, like having a servo just to turn the steering wheel when you turn the vehicle using the remote.

PXL_20221127_221818851.jpg

PXL_20221127_221833753.jpg

PXL_20221127_221923843.jpg

PXL_20221127_221901478.jpg

View attachment 387101

I have a small version of the “pliers wrench” on the right in my glovebox and it comes in very handy on occasion. The amount of leverage you can apply to a nut or bolt head with those things without slipping is amazing.

Not tools, but still great gifts….cocktail smoking kit and some grates for the grill.

View attachment 387114

View attachment 387115

View attachment 387116
Santa brought
  • Harbor Freight 10mm socket survival kit
  • Folding camp table
  • Max-Bilt TrailTails
  • Bestop over-tire cargo basket kit (to go with the Bestop HighRock Oversize Tire Carrier I got a few weeks ago) and figurine
  • A few camp kitchen goodies (pour-over coffee maker and Firebox coffee grinder)
  • a leatherette shift boot that needs to be returned

I have been asked to put together a few gift ideas for under $50 and am struggling. I have typically just bought these items for myself and can't come up with any new/useful gadgets, gismos, tools, etc.. Please help supply ideas for things in that price range you have found useful for your hunts, prep, practice, etc.