AC blowing at 50% (?)

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
First off the second setting on the blower speed has always not worked on my Jeep. So I had planned to get a whole new HVAC control unit.

Then today I put it on it's highest setting with the ac on and it's only blowing about 50% of normal.

Any ideas? How do I troubleshoot this?

First off the second setting on the blower speed has always not worked on my Jeep. So I had planned to get a whole new HVAC control unit.

Then today I put it on it's highest setting with the ac on and it's only blowing about 50% of normal.

Any ideas? How do I troubleshoot this?
Could it be the blower motor resistor? I replaced mine a while back in my 06 because the lowest blower setting had always been out in mine, then the second blower speed stopped working and the third blower speed slowed down. Ha! Once I replaced the resistor, I got all the speeds back.

I had this issue and it was the plug on the back of the speed selector slowly burning up until it fried both ends. Check behind your hvac control and see if it is starting to get any char inside the female end

Now I just ran an errand and it's blowing fine. Weird. I'm going to take the HVAC unit out and see what's going on. I may just replaced the whole thing.