AC compressor stopped

When you filled it did you have the gauges and check the pressures or just added to the system? There is a high and low switch on the system and you could have it over pressured. I assume it's not Freon you added most systems use one of several newer refrigerants R12a, R134a or R1234yf. Ideally you want to add the same type to the system. If you had a leak you really need to fix it, clear the system by pulling a vacume on it and replace the oil as well as adding refrigerant. If you added too much to system the high pressure switch will not let the system run as a safety precaution.

Many thanks for the quick and complete reply. Wow. Since I had a garage vacuum and recharge it I really can’t answer many of your questions but I will go back to them and ask. Oh, I use Freon just because it’s a carry over from the old days. Again, thank you very much.

It's possible it is something really simple as well. Check the fuse and there will be a a connector for the ac compressor clutch make sure it is plugged in. Additionally there will be two switches on my 98 there is one on top of the dryer by the firewall and a second one on the ac lines where they mount on top of the compressor. Make sure all three are plugged in tight. Sometimes it really is the simple things that go wrong.

It's possible it is something really simple as well. Check the fuse and there will be a a connector for the ac compressor clutch make sure it is plugged in. Additionally there will be two switches on my 98 there is one on top of the dryer by the firewall and a second one on the ac lines where they mount on top of the compressor. Make sure all three are plugged in tight. Sometimes it really is the simple things that go wrong.

The electrical side of the AC system is really easy to troubleshoot. The high and low pressure switches are wired in series and are on the negative side. Start by checking if your AC clutch is getting power. Then check the high/low pressure switches.