Accelerator Pedal Knocking

@MountaineerTom, remove your hardtop, go for a drive on a road you usually get the sound and see if it goes away. I know this sounds stupid, since it sounds like it's coming from behind and under the dash, but I took mine off this AM and the sound is totally gone! Like, unbelievably quiet. Traveling on the same roads it knocks all the way down.

I am all over this except mine is the brake pedal. I thought I broke one of my shocks in half the first time I heard this. It turned out to be my brake pedal. I can put my foot under it and it doesn't happen. I did some hunting, and as was stated, the bushings are worn on both sides. I may see what my options are for replacement as there has to be something better than what was used stock.

Reactions: JMT
@MountaineerTom, remove your hardtop, go for a drive on a road you usually get the sound and see if it goes away. I know this sounds stupid, since it sounds like it's coming from behind and under the dash, but I took mine off this AM and the sound is totally gone! Like, unbelievably quiet. Traveling on the same roads it knocks all the way down.

I have my soft top on. It’s been a couple years since I had the hardtop on.

I have actually just brought a block 9f rubber home from work. They use this stuff to machine different bushings and spacers in industrial equipment.

Will post back once I figure out what I'm doing

Reactions: JMT