Accutune Can't Tune Fox Shocks For The TJ

We use math and a spring. Toss on springs with a known height and rate. Set the rig on all four corners, measure the compressed length of the spring exactly. Multiply that by the spring rate lbs. per inch = sprung corner weight.

nice. I could actually get my fronts that way. Rears I have no idea...don't even know what brand they are. Plus it would be hard to get a valid compressed length with the spring arch from my SYEd and tucked axle with stock upper perch.

I wouldn't know how to subtract the unsprung weight without taking it apart and putting parts on a scale.
Yeah that would be a pain. If one were to do it this way though, the way to calculate it is approximately half the weight of all the linkage, coils, dampers, and driveshaft, plus the weight of the axle assembly with wheels and tires.

Shocks were sent to AllTech Motorsports. There's about a month turn around time because of the KOH race but I am more than excited to get them back and try them out.

Reactions: psrivats
Shocks were sent to AllTech Motorsports. There's about a month turn around time because of the KOH race but I am more than excited to get them back and try them out.

If feasible can you share the results of AllTech Motorsports tune they performed? TIA

Reactions: L J
If feasible can you share the results of AllTech Motorsports tune they performed? TIA

I sent mine to alltech nearly a year ago and they gave them the “tj base tune.” Mine also don’t have lsc adjusters like some do, they are just the normal fox factory 2.0’s. I am quite happy with them but I have thought about sending them back to have them lighten the tune a bit (just for the rear). My Jeep is as light as a tj can be and I have found that for mine to really shine I have to work them which for me means not slowing down for speed bumps, big pot holes, dips, old train tracks, etc. But when I just gingerly drive around town I have found that mildly rough pavement feels about the same as it did before which isn't great but not horrible (I have ridden in several tj's that did feel horrible as a comparison), at least compared to a normal road vehicle.
I did the rubicon trail this year and I could definitely carry way more speed than I ever could before. The smaller step ups, drops, and rocks don't cause me to slow down anymore.
I have been the most amazed carrying speed over washboards. I think if there was ever a moment where I thought to myself, "wow, these shocks are amazing," it was when I drove over washboards for the first time.
That's just my two cents so far with mine.

I sent mine to alltech nearly a year ago and they gave them the “tj base tune.” Mine also don’t have lsc adjusters like some do, they are just the normal fox factory 2.0’s. I am quite happy with them but I have thought about sending them back to have them lighten the tune a bit (just for the rear). My Jeep is as light as a tj can be and I have found that for mine to really shine I have to work them which for me means not slowing down for speed bumps, big pot holes, dips, old train tracks, etc. But when I just gingerly drive around town I have found that mildly rough pavement feels about the same as it did before which isn't great but not horrible (I have ridden in several tj's that did feel horrible as a comparison), at least compared to a normal road vehicle.
I did the rubicon trail this year and I could definitely carry way more speed than I ever could before. The smaller step ups, drops, and rocks don't cause me to slow down anymore.
I have been the most amazed carrying speed over washboards. I think if there was ever a moment where I thought to myself, "wow, these shocks are amazing," it was when I drove over washboards for the first time.
That's just my two cents so far with mine.

I would 100% agree with this statement. I also have a light Jeep and it rides amazingly well when I have about 200lbs of stuff in the back or I’m carrying 4 passengers. When I’m just driving around town by myself, the tune is stiff and a little jarring at times. The problem is, do I want them to tune for just 1 or two passengers or when I am loaded down for a trip or carrying friends? It’s a tough question to answer so for now, I’m going to keep the tune the same way until the shocks break in. My favorite part about the tune is running down bumpy roads at speed, the Jeep is so much more controlled. I’ve run about 4 different pairs of shocks and these are by far my favorite and absolutely worth the money.