Actuator vacuum line replacement, the easy way

Jmac00

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
I see there are a few post on how to replace the actuator, but nothing on how to replace a vacuum tube. So here is my east fix.

My ACM caught fire and melted a bunch of crap. One of the things that got roasted was blend door actuators and the associated tubing

see this thread: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...e-routing-they-all-melted.64482/#post-1174612

one of the things that got roasted/melted was the associated tubing. So to fix it, without going to the junkyard, I went to wally-World and got 3/16, or standard airline for an aquarium.

I cut the colored lines, the aquarium line fit right over the top, it was pretty tight, but I still added some heat shrink to make it is airtight, Worked like a charm ' 8' of aquarium airline was like $1.79. I still have 7' 6" left anyone needs some, LOL

1661024725665.png

1661024749087.png

1661024805124.png

I'm going to bookmark this, good stuff. Did you just join sections or can the aquarium tubing hold vacuum without collapsing?

The aquarium tube is plenty strong enough to hold a vacuum. I just put the heat shrink on, slid the jeep tube into the aquarium tube and heat it. Just be very careful with the heat. these tube walls are thin and will melt fairly quickly, just take your time.