Adding photos to posts?

Flib

TJ Enthusiast
Can anyone fill me in on how to add photos to posts without "attaching" them? I clicked on the image icon and it was looking for a URL and all my pictures are saved locally.

Are you using an app like tapatalk or are you using the forum site on the interwebs?

I just drag and drop photos from my desktop into the text box you type into. Then once they download you select either full image or thumbnail.

I tried that but let me try again.

Nope, still attaches the file

IMG_0357.JPG

Drag and drop into the "write your reply..." box then click the circled area.
Capture.PNG

Reactions: xxdabroxx
hey that worked, holy crap its been ages since I used photobucket, what an absolute piece of crap, I could barley navigate the site for all the stupid pop ups and adds, see you later photobucket!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don’t use photobucket. Upload the photos natively to the forum so that they always exist. No one likes going to a page and finding the photos don’t work because you’ve exceeded your photobucket bandwidth. Photobucket is absolute crap.

Please don’t use photobucket. Upload the photos natively to the forum so that they always exist. No one likes going to a page and finding the photos don’t work because you’ve exceeded your photobucket bandwidth. Photobucket is absolute crap.
Does uploading through tapatalk cause the same problems? That's what I use and have never had a problem but wanted to check

Does uploading through tapatalk cause the same problems? That's what I use and have never had a problem but wanted to check

I don't use Tapatalk, but I don't think it should cause any issues.

There's really two ways of adding a photo to a post on any forum. You can either upload the photo directly to the forum, or you can hotline it by using the insert image button in the toolbar. The problem with hot linking is what happens if that other site disappears or that person deleted their Photobucket account (or exceeds their Photobucket bandwidth, which happens often).

Then you end up searching for something in Google, finding the answer, but the thread is missing all the images! I can't tell you how often that's happened to me when searching for something. It's really annoying too!

By uploading photos directly to the forum using the, "Upload a File" button, you can be assured the photos will never stop working, as they'll be hosted directly on this forum.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
I’ve always embedded photos, but I’ll stop now that I know the reasoning.

BUT if you do want to embed photos using Google Photo, such as if you’re posting in another forum that doesn’t allow you to attach images…

1. Upload the photo to your Google Photo account
2. Click the sharing icon and click get link
3. Copy the link
4. Go to: https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/?_ga=2.103958408.928192924.1512404524-1504674534.1512404524
5. Insert the link you copied and it will produce an embeddable link

Also, search for this app to your Chrome browser: “Photobucket Embedded Image Fix”. It fixes all the broken Photobucket links on every single message board you go nuts trying to look at. It’s like going back in time to when Photobucket didn’t ruin the internet.

Reactions: Chris
Yeah photobucket screwed a bunch of people over recently messing up almost every how to thread I come across any more. Quite frustrating and the upload feature works really well here. I just hope the file storage costs don't get out of hand for Chris.

Reactions: Chris
Yeah photobucket screwed a bunch of people over recently messing up almost every how to thread I come across any more. Quite frustrating and the upload feature works really well here. I just hope the file storage costs don't get out of hand for Chris.

Every so often I have to get a larger hard drive on the server, but I offset those costs with the Amazon affiliate links on this forum, as well as "Supporting Member" upgrades, so it works out.

But the good thing about this is that since the photos live natively here on the forum, no one will ever have to worry about them being inaccessible. I hate it so much when I go to a forum and the pictures no longer work due to them being embedded!

Every so often I have to get a larger hard drive on the server, but I offset those costs with the Amazon affiliate links on this forum, as well as "Supporting Member" upgrades, so it works out.

But the good thing about this is that since the photos live natively here on the forum, no one will ever have to worry about them being inaccessible. I hate it so much when I go to a forum and the pictures no longer work due to them being embedded!

I also hate that I can't use google photos that are automatically backed up from my phone to post on forums. For some reason they just won't allow it no matter how I try. There are a lot of forums that the upload photo option doesn't work nearly as well as here. 100kb size limit? Come on you have to be joking. max size of 300px, HA.

I also hate that I can't use google photos that are automatically backed up from my phone to post on forums. For some reason they just won't allow it no matter how I try. There are a lot of forums that the upload photo option doesn't work nearly as well as here. 100kb size limit? Come on you have to be joking. max size of 300px, HA.

Yeah, google likely doesn’t want people hot linking photos. Stupid!