Adding Roll Bar Padding

Chainsaw Chapin

Hi all,
This is my first post after buying my first Jeep Wrangler 4 months ago and working on upgrading it (like we all are). I have a 2004 Wrangler TJ. The padding was removed on the back roll bars and I was considering adding it back on, however wasn't quite sure what I "needed" since some of the stuff on the various online retailers offer products like Smittybilt pad covers for $130. At the same time, I also see some pictures like the ones below that have some under padding that attaches to the bars and then the covers go over them. (See picture)

20160412_104732-jpg.jpg

My question is what type of padding do I need to purchase if I don't have those yellow looking half bar pads for the covers to go over. Do I need to buy those yellow pads first or should I just go with the Smittybilt type online? Finally any suggestions for delaying fading of the padding?

Thanks

Hey, you found my picture. Should fit your 04. Came off of my 03.
Yes, I saw your picture since I didn't have one to show. Thanks for letting me use it. Yes, that should fit my '04. However, I am wondering if I need that exactly or not? (By the way what are you looking to get for them if I do consider using them?) Private message me if you want.

Yes, I saw your picture since I didn't have one to show. Thanks for letting me use it. Yes, that should fit my '04. However, I am wondering if I need that exactly or not? (By the way what are you looking to get for them if I do consider using them?) Private message me if you want.

PM sent.