Adjustable Control Arms

Blkout

Hi All, I am almost done piecing my lift together for my 06 rubicon. I bought the following; Adjustable front Trac bar, Zone 3 inch lift (springs, shocks, bump stops, t-case drop (not sure if I need to install that?). I also purchased new adjustable upper and lower control arms from Metal cloak. What should the control arm length be for the All the control arms? or a good starting point? Do you recommend anything else for this lift? Tire size will be 31 maybe 32. Not looking at big wide tires. Thanks for your time:)

Pick any lengths you want. They won't be the right lengths and that is ok. Then adjust the arms to whatever length is required to locate the axles where they ought to be.

Reactions: Ante_Up
Pick any lengths you want. They won't be the right lengths and that is ok. Then adjust the arms to whatever length is required to locate the axles where they ought to be.

to add on to that, the lengths may not even be the same from one side to another, and that's also ok.

Reactions: Blondie70 and jjvw
to add on to that, the lengths may not even be the same from one side to another, and that's also ok.

Agreed. The starting length is irrelevant. What matters is the final length.

Is this asymmetry typical in our TJs? If yes, what causes it. Asking purely out of curiosity - I fully understand that proper axle location is the final thing that matters.

Is this asymmetry typical in our TJs? If yes, what causes it. Asking purely out of curiosity - I fully understand that proper axle location is the final thing that matters.

The factory wasn't always the best at putting things in the same spot every time. We're talking a fraction of an inch.

Reactions: psrivats

factory tolerances.

My passenger frame end rear LCA bracket is about 1/4" farther back than the driver side. Either that or the axle end bracket is 1/4" farther forward. At any rate, the passenger arm is 1/4" shorter to zero out the thrust angle.

Reactions: psrivats