adjusting clutch pedal tension

So I've been driving my 97 Jeep TJ for 4 years now and I've developed a problem from pushing on the clutch. I get a pain in the ball of my foot right where the small clutch pedal makes contact. The pedal pushes with a lot of tension (doesn't seem excessive - probably normal) and I wonder if there is a way to reduce the tension so it pushes in easier. I love driving manual, but have to be able to walk too. Would love any thoughts on this.

BTW - the other thought I had is a replacement, much wider clutch pedal pad, but I don't see any out there. Was thinking of making one as a last resort.

So I've been driving my 97 Jeep TJ for 4 years now and I've developed a problem from pushing on the clutch. I get a pain in the ball of my foot right where the small clutch pedal makes contact. The pedal pushes with a lot of tension (doesn't seem excessive - probably normal) and I wonder if there is a way to reduce the tension so it pushes in easier. I love driving manual, but have to be able to walk too. Would love any thoughts on this.

BTW - the other thought I had is a replacement, much wider clutch pedal pad, but I don't see any out there. Was thinking of making one as a last resort.
Hey, I'm new to this forum but I've installed a new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing (TOB) - aka release bearing, master/slave clutch cylinder on my manual 99 TJ but I don't believe there is a way to adjust the "pressure" on the pedal. That pressure is from the spring tension of your pressure-plate as well as the TOB on the shaft inside the bell housing. If you really need to reduce the pedal pressure, I'd say a new pressure plate and TOB would give you the best result but that means pulling the tranny.

Reactions: Chris
As said by Dave, there is no adjustment for the clutch pedal's tension. It is what it is from those components as he described. It wouldn't be hard to have someone weld a wider brake pedal on from a vehicle meant for an automatic transmission if that would help with your foot.

Also check to see if you may have a plantar wart developing on the bottom of your foot. They get extremely painful as they grow larger, I had one years ago I had to have removed. It was so painful I could barely walk but it was a simple procedure to have it removed.

Reactions: Chris