Advice on 31X10.50R15 tires

FWIW, I've got about 15K on my 33x10.5 KO2s, and I've been VERY happy with them for the middling wheeling I do. I rotate all five every oil change, and they're wearing well and evenly.
I don’t plan on doing anything too extreme so I think these will serve me well.

I was also planning on doing a 5 tire rotation as well. No sense in preserving a perfect spare when the rest get worn out.

Reactions: JMT and OlYellerTJ
Just had the same dilemma between 31s and 32s. PO has 32x11.5x15 Goodyear wrangler MTs in 15x8 Mickey Thompson classic IIs. Although I like the wheels and look, the backspacing stuck the wheel out too far for my taste and I needed new tires. Decided to get the Quadratec rubicon’s and downsize to 31x10.5x15 BFG kO2s. Was nervous about downsizing the tires but I am pleased how it turned out.

First pic is before on the mickey Thompson’s on 32s.
Second pic is new Quadratec wheels on 31s.

B162794A-3711-4F5C-9104-277C0105ED20.jpeg

C32ABAC6-6D21-486D-9F71-1BEA3FF7E184.jpeg

81EA511E-ECB6-4314-9EAF-998DAF7AFA48.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
Just had the same dilemma between 31s and 32s. PO has 32x11.5x15 Goodyear wrangler MTs in 15x8 Mickey Thompson classic IIs. Although I like the wheels and look, the backspacing stuck the wheel out too far for my taste and I needed new tires. Decided to get the Quadratec rubicon’s and downsize to 31x10.5x15 BFG kO2s. Was nervous about downsizing the tires but I am pleased how it turned out.

I agree it looks good.

What size lift do you have on there?

For mine, the gap felt huge and I didn’t think it looked proportional. 33’s filled in the gap nicely.

BA73B5BA-71FA-403C-99CA-B6145899183C.jpeg

The Quadratec Rubicon wheels are a big improvement. I always wanted to see them on a Jeep. The dish is deeper than the Moab’s but the BS is correct at 4”. Good call!

I agree it looks good.

What size lift do you have on there?

For mine, the gap felt huge and I didn’t think it looked proportional. 33’s filled in the gap nicely.
I belive it’s a 2” or 2.5” BB. I agree about having too much of a gap it won’t look right. I flirted with idea of 33s but I didn’t wanna go down that road of associated costs and mods. Looks good tho
The Quadratec Rubicon wheels are a big improvement. I always wanted to see them on a Jeep. The dish is deeper than the Moab’s but the BS is correct at 4”. Good call!
yes 4” BS is correct. It was between these and the mammoth boulders which has 3.75” bs. But I think I made the right choice. Sticks out past the flares just enough

D5A9B129-3467-4885-8452-27D022DD9D2B.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
I belive it’s a 2” or 2.5” BB. I agree about having too much of a gap it won’t look right. I flirted with idea of 33s but I didn’t wanna go down that road of associated costs and mods. Looks good tho
I spent a LONG time thinking about it. It wasn't until I had it all done and saw the results and I really felt I wanted to go bigger. I definitely weighed the costs and pros and cons. Can't say the 33's are worth it yet because I still haven't done all those additional mods, but so far, so good. The wallet hurts, but the soul is feeling good.

Last edited:
Reactions: jazngab
I spent a LONG time thinking about it. It wasn't until I had it all done and saw the results and I really felt I wanted to go bigger. I definitely weighed the costs and pros and cons. Can't say it's worth it because I still haven't done all those additional mods, but so far, so good. The wallet hurts, but the soul is feeling good.
Good looking build in your profile

Not trying to hijack, but is there a huge change in comfort, MPG, and drive style when switching from 30s to 31s? Thanks.

I have had nothing but bad luck with K02's personally. I have never had a set wear good, and I have had them on different vehicles. I actually just bought a 3/4 ton truck that has a set of 35's k02s, and they are the best warn set I have ever had, but I do like the duratracs. I would say they balance better than the BFG's in my opinion. I just bought a Cooper STT pro and I am really liking those on my TJ. They are slightly noisier than the Duratracs, but a little more aggressive. I have found the Duratracs to be quieter than the k02's too at least on my TJ.

Also as a fun fact Mickey Thompsons are owned by Cooper. I thought you would get a kick out of that!

I would say +1 for the duratracs and +1 for the cooper stt pro if you are looking for a little more aggressive. I am starting to be more of a Cooper fan lately.

I am not sure why the k02's are so popular, maybe I just got some bad ones, but I sure have not had much luck with them. Now years ago I ran the MT's exclusively and I really liked them, but I think now I would run Cooper over BFG's

This is just my opinion, and by the looks of it not a popular one, but there you have it.
I’m inclined to agree with you about the KO2s. Years ago I had a set on a diesel F-350 & they started feeling like I had slung a wheel weight. It turns out that a belt in one of the tires had shifted or something so I replaced the tires with something else & everything was fine.
With my TJ, it did the same thing; a shimmy in the steering wheel starting at around 40 mph. After some needed front end work & having everything rotated & balanced, the shimmy persisted. The manager of my local 4 Wheel Parts store absolutely hated KO2s & refuses to stock them for this reason. Since these tires were 5 years old & I was going to replace them next year anyway, I bought a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T tires & mounted them on Pro Comp Series 69 cast aluminum wheels in order to reduce the unsprung weight & rolling mass of the Dick Cepek steel wheels that were on the Jeep. For me, this did the trick & the TJ drives like a dream on the road.
I realize that I’m probably in the minority here since KO2s are so popular, but this was just my experience; 2 sets on 2 different vehicles & I had problems with both.

I have BFG AT KO's on my jeep wrangler unlimited. One tire wore weird, almost like it was defective, and the ride is rough, and I have had the wobble problem twice where I had to have my differential fixed/replaced. Now I don't want BFG's. I want to try something lighter and smoother for a comfortable ride, but with an aggressive look. I don't off road, and I have standard rims and going with a 31 tire. I don't drive many miles, so I don't want to spend a fortune on these. Everytime I find a tire I like, it either doesn't come with a warranty, or it's heavy, or it's some unheard of brand, or it doesn't come in my size. I want to try Load C 6 ply, since Im not rough on tires, and want to get better mileage/better ride. Any suggestions?