Advice on a used Jeep

That’s a JK. This is a TJ forum. The thing is that everyone here would want to see frame pics, and that dealer doesn’t show any frame pics. If it’s been in Dallas all it’s life, the frame would be fine. If it migrated from the NE, the frame might have rust.

The thing about the 2007-2011 is the 3.8 engine was severely underpowered. It also leaked a lot of oil. I’m sure others could add some details, but the JK forum may be a better fit.

Reactions: Irun
That’s a JK. This is a TJ forum. The thing is that everyone here would want to see frame pics, and that dealer doesn’t show any frame pics. If it’s been in Dallas all it’s life, the frame would be fine. If it migrated from the NE, the frame might have rust.

The thing about the 2007-2011 is the 3.8 engine was severely underpowered. It also leaked a lot of oil. I’m sure others could add some details, but the JK forum may be a better fit.
Thx. Do you have a link for the JK forum?

Thx. Do you have a link for the JK forum?
Just google Jeep JK Forum and you will find it...like JMT said...I would be concerned about frame rust...not just surface rust...if this came to TX from a State where we have snow and ice....the stuff they use now can create havoc on frames....WE live near Kansas City..when we began shopping for our Jeep...locally owned in the TJ models were rust buckets for the most part....WE have family in New Mexico so I began searching there and found Lil Red ...2nd owner...always in the dry Climate....no rust !! It has a 3" lift and wide rims ... we are Seniors...and still climb in and enjoy !!! Another note, which I think everyone will agree...the 4.0 TJ motor, if taken care of, is good for 300-400 thousand miles...

Reactions: JMT