Advice on best full doors for my 1997 Wrangler

NeneLew

Hi, all. I want to purchase full doors for my 1997 Wrangler TJ SE, Flame Red.

What would you recommend?

Thanks so much!

Where are you located? There was a guy in MI selling some in decent condition for $200 a week ago.

Trade someone there in NC that wants half doors, guessing you have half doors, and have them painted to match

I have a red 97 and bought a set of full doors and had them painted. I’m happy with them but if I’d been more patient I could have bought a factory red set that was on Craigslist six months later and saved a few bucks. Enjoy the Jeep!

Reactions: Chris
I have a red 97 and bought a set of full doors and had them painted. I’m happy with them but if I’d been more patient I could have bought a factory red set that was on Craigslist six months later and saved a few bucks. Enjoy the Jeep!

Thanks, Russ. Would you mind telling me where you bought your doors? I’ll also look on Craigslist, eBay, FB Market Place.

Thanks, Russ. Would you mind telling me where you bought your doors? I’ll also look on Craigslist, eBay, FB Market Place.
I found them on Craigslist at a junkyard down in Rhode Island. The doors were in great shape but the frame had rotted out on the Jeep. I had them painted last fall and used them all winter. This spring there was a set of red doors available on Craigslist. Not too big of an issue though. I had bought a replacement windshield and had that painted at the same time as the doors. I've also seen several sets of YJ doors and I know there is a thread that talks about fitting them to the TJs. I bought my '97 last summer and was so excited to start working on it that I didn't give much thought to waiting around for the right color set of doors. Good luck.

Reactions: NeneLew