Advice on how to sell my Jeep

I would never do that I’m just saying that the rebuilt title is an eye roll for my jeep. There are cars with rebuilt titles that basically have no damage and then there are clean titles where they didn’t issue it on the insurance policy stuff and mine is one of those clean rebuilts. Anyway let’s just hope I can sell it. It’s a Tj, I think out of all the cars on the market a TJ with a rebuilt is not a big deal.
A TJ with a rebuilt title is a big deal, it's worth a lot less. Then add the 2.5 and its worth even less. No insurance company totals a Jeep over a bent bumper. That might be what the seller told you when you bought it. Maybe a bent frame that you can't really tell until you do some measuring.

A TJ with a rebuilt title is a big deal, it's worth a lot less. Then add the 2.5 and its worth even less. No insurance company totals a Jeep over a bent bumper. That might be what the seller told you when you bought it. Maybe a bent frame that you can't really tell until you do some measuring.

Everyone wants a TJ I doubt the title is the main downside.

Not everyone wants a 2.5, especially with a rebuilt title.
I have all the rebuilt info being that my mechanic is the mechanic I bought it from so I feel if I present all the evidence for the repair I’m hopeful I’ll sell. There’s no uncertainty or sneaky-ness and I think that’ll mean a lot for a buyer

Perhaps, but in my mind the Jeep Wrangler is such a Summer vehicle. They're actually pretty terrible in the snow to be honest :ROFLMAO:

Nothing like a Subaru at least.

I don't think Jeeps are terrible in snow. I drive over 80 miles round trip in the mountains everyday for work and the Jeep does great. Subarus are wonderful but in deep snow the Jeep is much more capable.

I asked for improvements for my post but all you’ve done is point out things I’m already battling against. Do you actually have any recommendations on how to make the sell?
I'm just pointing out the facts is all. You tell us everyone wants a TJ. And I point out the facts is all. You came on here asking for help. You say the only reason it has a rebuilt title is that it has a bent front bumper. I find that hard to believe that an insurance company would total a TJ for a bent front bumper. And now in post #26 you say you have all the rebuild info. I feel you're not telling us the whole story.

Last edited:
I'm just pointing out the facts is all. You tell us everyone wants a TJ. And I point out the facts is all. You came on here asking for help. You say the only reason it has a rebuilt title is that it has a bent front bumper. I find that hard to believe that an insurance company would total a TJ for a bent front bumper. I feel you're not telling us the whole story.
I don’t know the full story because I didn’t own it when it happened and I was shown information and evidence that it was completely repaired other than the slight droop. But again I don’t give a fuck because it’s not my problem I’m trying to sell the car. I want suggestions on how to improve my listing. Not sitting here talking about the car I don’t care about anymore. So it’s a rebuilt title who cares let’s move on to: how do I sell a minor rebuilt title for the price it deserves.

• Wow
Reactions: reddvltj
Perhaps, but in my mind the Jeep Wrangler is such a Summer vehicle. They're actually pretty terrible in the snow to be honest :ROFLMAO:

Nothing like a Subaru at least.

+1 - they are not very good in snow/rain.

I hear you but I figured winter would be a perfect time because everybody wants a four-wheel-drive car

My two cents...

Most mom's do want a four wheel drive or AWD car in the winter, but they don't want a 20 year-old Wrangler with a rebuilt title, they want an SUV or Subaru or something like that. Your Jeep, with a rebuilt title, high miles etc, are for a summer fun vehicle, a young college kid, or even high school kid. I would market it that way, so go through Facebook and try to strategically place it close to a high school or college with a four sale sign. This forum is a great place.

Reactions: Chris and Zedd
How can we help your post be better? You mean by wording? According to you, everyone wants a TJ and the rebuilt title is a minor thing, so it should "sell itself" and you don't need help. I've seen time and again on here people offer you advice, only to have you not take it and continue to defend what you think is the issue. A lot of people have invested time and energy on here to help you, but it is not well received. Whether you want to realize it or not, the rebuilt title is "your problem" because it's what is between you and your asking price. My advice to anyone else in this forum is to not waste anymore of your time with this. GLWS.

I don’t know the full story because I didn’t own it when it happened and I was shown information and evidence that it was completely repaired other than the slight droop. But again I don’t give a fuck because it’s not my problem I’m trying to sell the car. I want suggestions on how to improve my listing. Not sitting here talking about the car I don’t care about anymore. So it’s a rebuilt title who cares let’s move on to: how do I sell a minor rebuilt title for the price it deserves.
People are trying to help. You won’t get a lot of help with your attitude.

+1 - they are not very good in snow/rain.

My two cents...

Most mom's do want a four wheel drive or AWD car in the winter, but they don't want a 20 year-old Wrangler with a rebuilt title, they want an SUV or Subaru or something like that. Your Jeep, with a rebuilt title, high miles etc, are for a summer fun vehicle, a young college kid, or even high school kid. I would market it that way, so go through Facebook and try to strategically place it close to a high school or college with a four sale sign. This forum is a great place.
Not sure if I would sell it to a woman because of the passenger side leak. Everything else I think you’re totally right. Too bad I can’t park it though it’s my daily

The post about it not being a bent bumper for a salvage title is correct, salvage title means it was a "total loss" for the insurance company to issue that, I don't care what you were told. The salvage title is definitely what's turning people away my friend, so it is your problem. I paid 6k about four years ago for my 4 banger @ 140k miles, but it has a clear title fwiw.

Reactions: reddvltj

Huh? I want another TJ for snowplowing so a rebuilt title is fine for me, but the one you are selling, signt unseen, I would offer $2k.

You can keep the doors for $1,500 and try to sell them since you value them at that price.

Here is a TJ by me, ask is $5.8k, and comes with full doors and a 4.0 engine. Looks cleaner than yours, but my point being is you are going to have a difficult time selling at your ask price, BUT, there is a sucker born every minute so you may get a coupe bites around summertime.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/brentwood-jeep-wrangler-tj/7053158226.html