Advice on how to sell my Jeep

People are trying to help. You won’t get a lot of help with your attitude.
There isn’t a lot of advice on here that’s been helpful. A couple on here for sure. However it’s clear that I got the same kinda bad advice when I was trying to deal with the passenger side and people kept telling me to either fix it myself or sell the car and now that I’ve decided to sell I’m getting indications that I’m stuck with this fuckin’ thing and that there’s nothing I can do about it. What would actually be helpful are things like, photographing suggestions, selling/deal making, re writes for my post for strong allure, buyer psychology, etc. we know the faults of the vehicle we need to play to it’s strengths. This post isn’t about the vehicle it’s about selling the vehicle and those are two different things.

Not sure if I would sell it to a woman because of the passenger side leak. Everything else I think you’re totally right. Too bad I can’t park it though it’s my daily

That's kind of not cool. You must be the kind of guy that gets jealous and harrases my wife for driving a manual hellcat, which frequently happens to her.

Do you work near a busy location? You could park it down the road, close to a highway or fast food restaurant with a for sale sign and maybe walk to work?

There isn’t a lot of advice on here that’s been helpful. A couple on here for sure. However it’s clear that I got the same kinda bad advice when I was trying to deal with the passenger side and people kept telling me to either fix it myself or sell the car and now that I’ve decided to sell I’m getting indications that I’m stuck with this fuckin’ thing and that there’s nothing I can do about it. What would actually be helpful are things like, photographing suggestions, selling/deal making, re writes for my post for strong allure, buyer psychology, etc. we know the faults of the vehicle we need to play to it’s strengths. This post isn’t about the vehicle it’s about selling the vehicle and those are two different things.

Change offreading to offroading and remove the $1,500 value for doors.

Carfax do you have a Carfax? I use a guy from the BMW forums, PayPal him $5 for a CarFax report. Did this multiple times so if you want his email let me know.

Reactions: Zedd
Here is something you won't want to hear. I think your mechanic took advantage of you. Selling you a TJ with a salvaged title, 2.5 with an automatic for $7,000. You being a young man that doesn't know much about Jeeps. My 2 cents.
Unfortunately, you probably won't get your money back.

So, in other words, how do I sell a fucking dog turd because I don't want it anymore and hide the fact that it has a salvaged title and tell them it's salvaged too? I'm confused, it seems you got took and now can't take the fact you're not going to get your money back, mark it up as "life's lesson #?" and move on. Please don't take this personal, we've all made stupid mistakes.

Huh? I want another TJ for snowplowing so a rebuilt title is fine for me, but the one you are selling, signt unseen, I would offer $2k.

You can keep the doors for $1,500 and try to sell them since you value them at that price.

Here is a TJ by me, ask is $5.8k, and comes with full doors and a 4.0 engine. Looks cleaner than yours, but my point being is you are going to have a difficult time selling at your ask price, BUT, there is a sucker born every minute so you may get a coupe bites around summertime.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/brentwood-jeep-wrangler-tj/7053158226.html
I find it extremely disrespectful that you would offer $2000 for my car. That jeep is a great offer/great buy and I don’t think someone buying my jeep would be a sucker. My jeep is a great jeep. The interior is lovely, yeah it’s got a rebuilt title but it was completely repaired, and mechanically it is fucking perfect. I think what draws people away is the engine and nothing more which totally blows. In terms of my area I offer the best price and in the best condition. Only thing is the 2.5L

Here is something you won't want to hear. I think your mechanic took advantage of you. Selling you a TJ with a salvaged title, 2.5 with an automatic for $7,000. You being a young man that doesn't know much about Jeeps. My 2 cents.
Unfortunately, you probably won't get your money back.
I got it for $4000 with 15months of payments. Not having $5000k+ and not wanting to get fucked by a dealorship, it was a great offer. I even made a post about it and people agreed it was a good deal for a first car/jeep. Only thing they shy’d away aganist was the 2.5L😂

Nah, I have the 2.5 and love it, that'd be a draw for me personally. It's the salvage title. You're just not hearing what you wanna hear is all.

Reactions: reddvltj
If you want to play up the summer fun aspect, pull the hard top and door uppers and post some of those pics. You have a clean frame so play that up as well. I can't say what you will get for it put you have to emphasise all that is cool about a jeep and mention that now is the time to get into one of these, not in June when prices will go up.

Nah, I have the 2.5 and love it, that'd be a draw for me personally. It's the salvage title. You're just not hearing what you wanna hear is all.
So your recommendation is to take it off as a salvage title and when I have a conversation with them in person or over the phone I tell them the reason why and show them the evidence on the vehicle... see I would consider that to be good advice for making a sell.

If you want to play up the summer fun aspect, pull the hard top and door uppers and post some of those pics. You have a clean frame so play that up as well. I can't say what you will get for it put you have to emphasise all that is cool about a jeep and mantion that now is the time to get inot one of these not in June when prices will go up.
That’s wonderful advice.

So your recommendation is to take it off as a salvage title and when I have a conversation with them in person or over the phone I tell them the reason why and show them the evidence on the vehicle... see I would consider that to be good advice for making a sell.
You could do that, keep in mind it will show when they do a title search anyways, but at least you have them in front of your Jeep looking at it and appreciating the shape it's in (assuming it's good) just know if they know anything about buying a car they're going to negotiate the price for the salvage title when they find out about it. I'd be up front and tell them then.

Reactions: Zedd
That's kind of not cool. You must be the kind of guy that gets jealous and harrases my wife for driving a manual hellcat, which frequently happens to her.

Do you work near a busy location? You could park it down the road, close to a highway or fast food restaurant with a for sale sign and maybe walk to work?

Change offreading to offroading and remove the $1,500 value for doors.

Carfax do you have a Carfax? I use a guy from the BMW forums, PayPal him $5 for a CarFax report. Did this multiple times so if you want his email let me know.
Good advice I didnt see the typo. No, I would not harass your wife. I don’t know what a hellcat is either. A woman who knows how to drive a stick is hot and I don’t even know how to drive a stick. I have the carfax. I’m not near a busy location for parking it down the street unfortunately.

You could do that, keep in mind it will show when they do a title search anyways, but at least you have them in front of your Jeep looking at it and appreciating the shape it's in (assuming it's good) just know if they know anything about buying a car they're going to negotiate the price for the salvage title when they find out about it. I'd be up front and tell them then.
I would be completely honest about everything. I find that integrity and honesty you’re going to be more likely to make the sale. Lying and all that it’s just not my style.

I’m no expert I’m trying to sell my jeep right now and wanted to get your guy’s take on my listing(s). Improvement ideas? I’m trying to sell quickly but $6600 would be the absolute lowest I can go. I’ve already put $200 into it since I bought it for $7000 and I think the aftermarket hard top and cool sliding windows is a good sell. My goal is if say they try to get me down to say $6500 I’ll go back to the $6800 and offer 4 studded snow tires.

In my area it seems I offer the best value and price. I see other good quality 2.5’s for $7400+ but they have like soft tops n’ shit and then obviously the 4.0’s from $8500-$15,000.

I have a listing on offer up but because that’s an app I can’t link it. 700+ people have viewed it. Only 4 messages though. 2 of the four asked for prices such as: $4500 and $5000😂

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/portland-jeep-wrangler-tj-l/7050136978.html
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/800025877/overview/
Here you said you paid $7,000 for it.

I have all the rebuilt info being that my mechanic is the mechanic I bought it from so I feel if I present all the evidence for the repair I’m hopeful I’ll sell. There’s no uncertainty or sneaky-ness and I think that’ll mean a lot for a buyer
What is "all the rebuilt info" that you have? We can't help if we don't have ALL the info. So now there is a leak on the passenger side?

What is "all the rebuilt info" that you have? We can't help if we don't have ALL the info. So now there is a leak on the passenger side?
I’m not gonna drive over to my mechanic right now so I can take some photographs of paperwork for you. Again, what does it matter? It has it as a rebuilt title, therefore no one cares because by everyones account here it’s not going to sell anywhere near my asking price for that reason. Yes there’s a water leak on the passenger side which I’ve patched but not fully. People already know this from my other posts so you can look at those if you want not like it matters.

If someone was thinking about buying a Jeep with a salvaged title it "does matter", they would want to know what was damaged and repaired. You don't want to tell us. Corner of front bumper still a little lower. Hummmmm? Sounds like frame damage to me and it's still not right. Good luck with the sale.

Reactions: reddvltj