AEM high flow fuel pump install on 2006 TJ

Yaniv_y

HI, I had to install a stronger pump on my 06 TJ 4.6 turbo, the original fuel pump failed on the dyno and didn't hold
enough pressure to back up the bigger 42lb injectors.

Maybe my pump was bad and a new one was enough to solve the problem but I decided it was better to get an upgraded one.

The pump is the AEM part number 50-1000:

https://www.aemelectronics.com/prod...0lph-high-flow-in-tank-fuel-pump-offset-inlet
It came with a filter and electrical connector.

The first step is to remove the pump assembly from the Jeep:

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-07 at 13.16.52.jpeg

the cover with the float needs to be removed there is 4 plastics clips, be careful there are electrical wires between the 2 pieces so don't pull it too far.

then you need to unplug the terminals and the fuel line from the actual pump and remove it from the pump assembly.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-07 at 13.16.52 (1).jpeg

the new pump is a little bit bigger and thicker

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-07 at 13.16.52 (2).jpeg

so I had to use the Dremel just a little to make space for it

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-07 at 13.16.53 (2).jpeg

solder the new pump electrical connector and use heat shrinks cus apparently electrical tape is not good enough for gasoline.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-07 at 13.16.54 (1).jpeg

I removed the original filter and used the one I got with the new pump.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-07 at 13.16.54.jpeg

then just click the cover back, make sure all the wires connected and there is nothing gets in the way and install it back on the jeep.

I didn't find any info on this subject just people replacing the whole assemble, I hope it will help someone.
so far it's working as I expected.

If it's interesting someone I will keep updating

Great write-up, thanks for sharing this. There's a number of guys on here with forced induction. It seems the stock fuel pump is fine, but up until what psi, I'm not 100% sure.

HI, I had to install a stronger pump on my 06 TJ 4.6 turbo, the original fuel pump failed on the dyno and didn't hold
enough pressure to back up the bigger 42lb injectors.

Maybe my pump was bad and a new one was enough to solve the problem but I decided it was better to get an upgraded one.

The pump is the AEM part number 50-1000:

[URL]https://www.aemelectronics.com...0lph-high-flow-in-tank-fuel-pump-offset-inlet[/URL]

It came with a filter and electrical connector.

The first step is to remove the pump assembly from the Jeep:

View attachment 175194

the cover with the float needs to be removed there is 4 plastics clips, be careful there are electrical wires between the 2 pieces so don't pull it too far.

then you need to unplug the terminals and the fuel line from the actual pump and remove it from the pump assembly.

View attachment 175193

the new pump is a little bit bigger and thicker

View attachment 175192

so I had to use the Dremel just a little to make space for it

View attachment 175189

solder the new pump electrical connector and use heat shrinks cus apparently electrical tape is not good enough for gasoline.

View attachment 175187

I removed the original filter and used the one I got with the new pump.

View attachment 175188

then just click the cover back, make sure all the wires connected and there is nothing gets in the way and install it back on the jeep.

I didn't find any info on this subject just people replacing the whole assemble, I hope it will help someone.
so far it's working as I expected.

If it's interesting someone I will keep updating

hello!! how are you? Saul here!! I have a problem with my 4.6 turbo!! and I've already done everything in the engine! the last thing I decided to go for the fuel pump and it is the original !!! What problems did the Jeep present to you? to decide to change the pump? mine sizzles at 2,500 rpm

hello!! how are you? Saul here!! I have a problem with my 4.6 turbo!! and I've already done everything in the engine! the last thing I decided to go for the fuel pump and it is the original !!! What problems did the Jeep present to you? to decide to change the pump? mine sizzles at 2,500 rpm

You’ll be much better off posting a new thread. This thread is very old and you’re unlikely to get a response.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ