SOLD AEV/Duraflex heat reduction hood $400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasitek

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have a Duraflex heat reduction hood for a jeep tj. It's just like the AEV hood. It'll fit any year tj or lj. It's brand new, never installed. Decided to go a different route and to return the hood would cost a whole lot so I'm selling it here. It has been removed form the box but I put it back in the bubble wrap and box so it's safe. It's a fiberglass hood unpainted black, NOT highline version. $400 firm, willing to drive a little to meet but not too far, local pick up only unless you want to pay shipping. Costs $467 plus $125 shipping anywhere you buy em. Open to trades like a winch, 8.8 rear with 4.10s, anything metalcloak, SYE, Rear bumper with tire carrier and much more. If you're a serious buyer I will take actual pictures as it's in a box but the pictures attached are exactly what it looks like.

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.13.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.13.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.13.03 AM.png

Last edited:
What’s your overall opinion of the hood? Pretty nice quality? I’ve been pondering getting one but I have never seen one in person.
I think it's a good quality hood. It really is a big weight reduction if you're looking for that. I'm not sure how it would hold up to things being thrown at it as i've never had it on my jeep. Also, I didn't realize this when I ordered it but when you order it unpainted, you have to prep it like any car piece you would paint, sand it all down, primer, then paint etc. You also have to drill all the holes to mount everything, bumpers on hood for the windshield, hinges, latches, every single hole.

I think it's a good quality hood. It really is a big weight reduction if you're looking for that. I'm not sure how it would hold up to things being thrown at it as i've never had it on my jeep. Also, I didn't realize this when I ordered it but when you order it unpainted, you have to prep it like any car piece you would paint, sand it all down, primer, then paint etc. You also have to drill all the holes to mount everything, bumpers on hood for the windshield, hinges, latches, every single hole.
Yea that would be a ton of prep work involved. Very cool hood tho, and considering AEVs heat reduction hood is gone this is our only option.

Yea that would be a ton of prep work involved. Very cool hood tho, and considering AEVs heat reduction hood is gone this is our only option.

Yeah but if you think about it, you’d have to do that work no matter what to match the color. Also as far as durability goes. Lots of cars have their entire body made from fiberglass and it’s fine. Unless you were to sit on the hood, it should be fine. And personally for me, the only thing that ever touches the hood are a few branches and some mud. If scratches from branches or something is a concern I would just get some limb risers. It’s really a nice quality hood, and a good upgrade. especially if you don’t have highline fenders. ALSO, I do plan to drill all the holes and mount it onto my car just to see it. Maybe i’ll change my mind and keep it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.