TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

AEV Highline Kit Installation Guide

OP
Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
This is my first post here as I drifted over from the AEV forum. I have an NOS set that I am installing now onto LJGator. I would be willing to put money down on a backup set of flares. You can try contacting Dave Harriton but his answer has always been the same.
I attached a photo of LJGator before I started to dismantle for repaint yesterday. Right now its just LJBlack.
Ward

View attachment 158529
Welcome to the forum!

And yeah, I am not really too interested in contacting Dave as he doesn’t care about the TJ crowd anymore, and I’ve heard his typical responses before.

We will see what comes of this. Maybe I can make something happen. I for one think it would be cool to have a spare set of flares.

Reactions: oldjeepman

Electric LJ A

Hey so same thing came over from the AEV forum. Genright does make a hood but I believe theirs is carbon fiber not steal. Which is why not a lot of people run it. AEV flares will not work on stock TJ fenders. Mounting holes are different. But I also don’t see someone paying the premium of A reproduction AEV flares to bolt on to their stock fenders. But like some people have pointed out. It’s one piece to a puzzle. Yes there will definitely be people interested but a lot of purist. Now with the flares comes the increase of value in the AEV fenders. Let’s say the fenders shoot up even 50 percent of their current cost because of ur flares they will only be harder to find. But also not everyone will be willing to spend 5 or 6k on fenders and flares. There’s always a one percent crowd

Reactions: Starrs

Bpipkin

Original AEV flares are almost non existent in some states. In my case I built my own by plastic welding 2 sets of Rubicon flares together. However, the 800 bucks I spent doesn’t hold a candle to what a original or reproduction may cost.

0706857F-5520-4AC2-8E57-307D700694B5.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Jamison C and Chris

jscherb

TJ Enthusiast
Hasn't anyone made molds from original AEV flares so reproductions can be made in fiberglass? Making those molds would be a pretty straightforward fiberglass project and wouldn't harm the original flares used to make the molds.

Reactions: Chris and zebra12
OP
Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
You would really think someone would have done them by now in fiberglass. Seems like a much cheaper and easier alternative to plastic. And something is better than nothing!