AEV highline kit

Starrs

TJ Guru
Well guys it took 2 days since my post online to find an AEV Highline kit, and it does come with a huge price tag. I spoke with @Chris about the price and he was in the same page as me...it’s way too damn high for what it is. I don’t want to discredit what the guy has, but I also don’t want to pay 2k or more for a not brand new highline kit. The package will include front 2 fenders and flares and both rear flares...no hood included in the deal. He does want 2,000 atleast, so I’m assuming he is going to open it up to see how much he can get for them. I would come nowhere near that price, and I was thinking I could come in at around 1250, and I still don’t feel that good about that offer but these things never come up. What would you guys offer for an excellent condition AEV highline kit??

Well guys it took 2 days since my post online to find an AEV Highline kit, and it does come with a huge price tag. I spoke with @Chris about the price and he was in the same page as me...it’s way too damn high for what it is. I don’t want to discredit what the guy has, but I also don’t want to pay 2k or more for a not brand new highline kit. The package will include front 2 fenders and flares and both rear flares...no hood included in the deal. He does want 2,000 atleast, so I’m assuming he is going to open it up to see how much he can get for them. I would come nowhere near that price, and I was thinking I could come in at around 1250, and I still don’t feel that good about that offer but these things never come up. What would you guys offer for an excellent condition AEV highline kit??
I’d pay $2k shipped to my door. You know how much the kit was new right? If the fenders aren’t cracked its worth it to me, just not today. The hood is nearly 1k on its own.

Ideally I’d pay $2500 for the full kit and the hood for a kit with no rust/dings/cracks/fades.

Just one of those products that demand a high price tag, like a similiar item I’m after right now. Ask me how I know.

I hope it works out for you.

I’d pay $2k shipped to my door. You know how much the kit was new right? If the fenders aren’t cracked its worth it to me, just not today. The hood is nearly 1k on its own.

Ideally I’d pay $2500 for the full kit and the hood for a kit with no rust/dings/cracks/fades.

Just one of those products that demand a high price tag, like a similiar item I’m after right now. Ask me how I know.

I hope it works out for you.
Kit was 1995 new from quadratec and AEV. If it had the hood I could see paying 2k. A highline hood will cost me around 600 off ebay, and they look decent. Then the paint and body work that it would take to install will prolly cost a few thousand. Hmm

Kit was 1995 new from quadratec and AEV. If it had the hood I could see paying 2k. A highline hood will cost me around 600 off ebay, and they look decent. Then the paint and body work that it would take to install will prolly cost a few thousand. Hmm
That hood is no where near the quality of the AEV version. Just search around on the internet. The only thing you paint is the front inner fenders and the hood, you can expect $1k if you bring the items off vehicle as long as they don’t require body work.

Its the price you pay for something that is sought after. Every time I see the kits pop up Jeep dealers buy them and sell AEV highlined LJ’s for $30k plus. Its a matter on if its worth it to you. For me it is worth it, although at this point another year down the road. I would be more inclined to pay his asking price if it was the price shipped to my door.

Remember, tons of AEV kits just use stock trimmed tj hoods which cuts your paint cost down by more than half.

Reactions: Starrs
That hood is no where near the quality of the AEV version. Just search around on the internet. The only thing you paint is the front inner fenders and the hood, you can expect $1k if you bring the items off vehicle as long as they don’t require body work.

Its the price you pay for something that is sought after. Every time I see the kits pop up Jeep dealers buy them and sell AEV highlined LJ’s for $30k plus. Its a matter on if its worth it to you. For me it is worth it, although at this point another year down the road. I would be more inclined to pay his asking price if it was the price shipped to my door.

Remember, tons of AEV kits just use stock trimmed tj hoods which cuts your paint cost down by more than half.
That would be the route I would go. Just trim the stock hood. Hell I might just throw him an offer and see what he says.

Wait, wait, wait... 2k for just the fenders without the hood? You need to give me this guys contact info so I can smack him upside the head. That’s absolutely stupid. Without the hood it’s worth half that IMHO.

Wait, wait, wait... 2k for just the fenders without the hood? You need to give me this guys contact info so I can smack him upside the head. That’s absolutely stupid. Without the hood it’s worth half that IMHO.
Lol yes I thought I told you that yesterday. That’s why I was gonna come in at around 1250.

Lol yes I thought I told you that yesterday. That’s why I was gonna come in at around 1250.

I obviously missed that.

So how on earth are some plastic fender flares and cut inner fenders worth $1250? Shipping will add to that too. I would say the most valuable part of the kit is the hood.

That guy is out of his damn mind.

Chris the kit sells at 2k all day everyday on the aev forum. I’ve been a member for several months and the cheapest I saw one sold for was $1800 and that was with a cracked fender flare.

Again, this stuff has a market. The majority of the users on AEV forums are dealers looking to build the best of the best.

Is the seller you found on AEV forums?

I obviously missed that.

So how on earth are some plastic fender flares and cut inner fenders worth $1250? Shipping will add to that too. I would say the most valuable part of the kit is the hood.

That guy is out of his damn mind.
The plastic fenders you cannot get anywhere and they maintain the factory OEM quality that I like. I hate/dislike flat fenders. Granted I could have my fenderwells cut to fit, but the AEV flares and fenders would look better. 1250 is still too much in my mind I agree with you on that. But like the rock crawler bumpers...the price is what is is. Coming from the guy who spent over a grand on lighting ;) jk

The plastic fenders you cannot get anywhere and they maintain the factory OEM quality that I like. I hate/dislike flat fenders. Granted I could have my fenderwells cut to fit, but the AEV flares and fenders would look better. 1250 is still too much in my mind I agree with you on that. But like the rock crawler bumpers...the price is what is is. Coming from the guy who spent over a grand on lighting ;) jk
Remember the highline asking price from you guy you bought the rear bumper from?

481C692E-334F-43D4-A40B-E7C7A7B2A09E.png

With the hood, $3.5k is very fair shipped.

Well all of a sudden I don’t look so silly for paying $600 for a bumper... $2000 for fender flares :risas3:

Reactions: derekmac
Well all of a sudden I don’t look so silly for paying $600 for a bumper... $2000 for fender flares :risas3:
Chris, you’re not getting it. You are paying the price of a team of engineering designs a proper highline kit for the TJ. Everything lines up and the cuts are easy. The fenders don’t cost $2k, the quality of work done by AEV is where the money comes in. Its a damn shame they didn’t sell enough to stay in business.