AEV highline kit

It ain't coming off his Jeep, I can tell you that much!

I kind of gave up on an AEV, but I do like the MC's, especially the overline fenders. Not sure I'll ever do it, but for me it's more function over form on this build. But I like to keep the form in check. I try to do that by not adding a lot of visual mods that detract from the purity of Jeep. Some would think the overline's might detract, but all the old Jeeps had flat fenders, so it's deeply embedded in what it is to be Jeep. In the end, what's so fun about building is it can be done so many different ways and everyone can put things together the way they want. I just like to keep the color scheme smart. I like to keep traditional Jeep lines. I don't like to cut the body, that's when it goes too far for me. Though I wouldn't mind cutting on a dedicated rock crawler, but that's another issue. That would be a pure function build...
No I wasn’t wanting to buy his, was curious “how much” was a reasonable offer.

With no hood
Geez! With a rare, non production product, 3500 is looking better all the time. Or save on the hood by just chopping a stock one as you mentioned. In the world of investments on a commodity like this, I'd want to double my money every seven years. Otherwise, it's not worth having...Just saying, from an investment perspective.

I think BB bought his TJ with the highline kit already installed. My only problem with that kit is the goofy looking flares. They are too wide for my taste, and the way they engineered the cutout for the fuel lid looks odd. Not sure how else they could have done it, but still doesn't look right to me. I liked @billiebob 's idea of narrowing the flares a bit. Just don't see a clean way of doing that. Also, what cutting is involved on the AEV fenders? I thought it was a unbolt/bolt on affair?

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
I think BB bought his TJ with the highline kit already installed. My only problem with that kit is the goofy looking flares. They are too wide for my taste, and the way they engineered the cutout for the fuel lid looks odd. Not sure how else they could have done it, but still doesn't look right to me. I liked @billiebob 's idea of narrowing the flares a bit. Just don't see a clean way of doing that. Also, what cutting is involved on the AEV fenders? I thought it was a unbolt/bolt on affair?
I was referring to the trimming of the hood. They fenders are bolt on, relatively. Depending on your life and tire size you may have to trim the tub.

C74E490C-0880-42C0-8F52-C1690D8482C1.png

Reactions: JMT
Not a full kit, but this guy has been trying to sell this for a while. Had a trimmed down hood at one point that he was willing to trade for an uncut one. I dunno...maybe not even close to what you're looking for. Just thought I'd throw it out there...

CL
CL

• kitsap co > auto parts - by owner
◀ prev next ▶
[email protected]

x prohibited[?]
Posted 19 days ago

Contact Information:

print
favorite this post TJ high line fenders, grill hoop, light bar - $325 (Port orchard) hide this posting unhide
<image 1 of 8>
00J0J_hjDvBiM17kR_600x450.jpg

00g0g_eaHh2UJyawr_600x450.jpg

01616_iIAp1hZTzVL_600x450.jpg

00909_bMWAEX9ztu4_600x450.jpg

00z0z_lF05JSIhLL7_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_1Z24TPShbH2_600x450.jpg

00h0h_idpZgZQaXmO_600x450.jpg

00S0S_kfLTo6EJS92_600x450.jpg

00J0J_hjDvBiM17kR_50x50c.jpg
00g0g_eaHh2UJyawr_50x50c.jpg
01616_iIAp1hZTzVL_50x50c.jpg
00909_bMWAEX9ztu4_50x50c.jpg
00z0z_lF05JSIhLL7_50x50c.jpg
00Q0Q_1Z24TPShbH2_50x50c.jpg
00h0h_idpZgZQaXmO_50x50c.jpg
00S0S_kfLTo6EJS92_50x50c.jpg

2862.png
2863.png
2862.png
2862.png
2863.png
2863.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

QR Code Link to This Post

Mounts all accessories including battery except smog canister and air filter, inner fender is sheet rubber and replaceable. Requires hood to be trimmed and rocker guards-bolted to the gen rights in picture. Also requires a sealed battery. Bolt on with cutting and drilling modification-no welding required. Clears 35's with zero added bump, 1.25" body lift and 14" shocks. Will clear 35's, probably 37's with no body lift and stock mounted shocks no problem.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6448705445

posted: 19 days ago

updated: 4 days ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

safety tips
Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.