AEV Salta wheels with 31 or 32" tires

isu2815

I got a TJ a few months back and am starting to make it mine. So far, I have ditched the worn soft top with vinyl windows that I couldn't see through for a stock tan hardtop. I'd like to add the AEV Salta wheels-I assume I need an adapter because I believe they are a 5x5 bolt pattern. Unsure if I'm going to go with 33s or smaller (would 31s fit on them? Would the look strange?) as I'm still deciding on if I want to add a 2-3" lift. Anyone have those wheels on a TJ? My Jeep is currently black so I'm thinking about getting the onyx color.

Really depends on wheel width and backspacing. Do you have a certain size in mind? To run 33's you really want about 3.5-4" and properly bump stopped. 17's aren't a popular sized wheel on the TJ. Generally most go 15" and sometimes 16" if running a stock Rubicon wheel.

Really depends on wheel width and backspacing. Do you have a certain size in mind? To run 33's you really want about 3.5-4" and properly bump stopped. 17's aren't a popular sized wheel on the TJ. Generally most go 15" and sometimes 16" if running a stock Rubicon wheel.

The wheel is 17x8.5 with 5.2" back space. Is the wheel weight the reason 17's aren't ideal for the TJ?

The wheel is 17x8.5 with 5.2" back space. Is the wheel weight the reason 17's aren't ideal for the TJ?
Not a weight problem, mostly looks and the fact that a 17" wheel with that small of a tire usually results in a poor ride. Less sidewall also means less flexibility when aired down on the trails. If you don't wheel it, then that is a non issue.

I'll go contrary here... I'm running stock jk wheels in 17" diameter with 32"tires. I like the look. Wish the tires were a bit bigger, but that is mostly because of the lift. I might spring for them... But I might just run em. You'll want a 2" spacer/adapter for that much backspacing.
20180413_194736.jpg