Affordable Offroad

Hmmm, never heard of them. Call or email them before ordering. If they don't respond within 24 hours, move on. Customer service is paramount these days.

Reactions: JP13
Yeah I gotta agree with Chris... can't speak for all mfg'ers but a good number have shipping built into the price. Sorta like corporate taxes are built into the price of the widget.

Reactions: Chris
Yeah I gotta agree with Chris... can't speak for all mfg'ers but a good number have shipping built into the price. Sorta like corporate taxes are built into the price of the widget.

Yeah, sure...if you want to buy crap off amazon like smittybuilt and others that are making them by the thousands in China.

I've been looking at american made and fabricated stuff, like Dirtworx, G&G Metal Fab, etc. Those guys are charging for shipping.

Again I can't speak for everyone but it can't be said that everyone welding steel is adding shipping on the end. Case in point Affordable Offroad and Nates 4x4. Their list price includes shipping, however the reality is just as Chris states...shipping is built into the price. So you can purchase the "Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier Rack System" from Dirtworx's for 508 with "free" shipping or for 429 + 79 shipping which ever lets you sleep at night but either way its the same 508.

Reactions: Chris and Bird
Again I can't speak for everyone but it can't be said that everyone welding steel is adding shipping on the end. Case in point Affordable Offroad and Nates 4x4. Their list price includes shipping, however the reality is just as Chris states...shipping is built into the price. So you can purchase the "Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier Rack System" from Dirtworx's for 508 with "free" shipping or for 429 + 79 shipping which ever lets you sleep at night but either way its the same 508.

Exactly. It's just simple business marketing.

"Free Shipping" sounds better to the consumer and sells more product, guarantee it.

Reactions: Blank
I like that they offer a nice selection of Jeep products: CJs, YJs, TJs and even a nice catalog of XJ stuff. Other than that, dont know anything about them.

The one thing that you might find interesting, though, is when I was shopping for a new rear bumper, and looked at the ones on Dirtworx, it cost the same for shipping the rear or front bumper as shipping both together. I was originally only wanting the rear, but for the 'free shipping' on one of them, I decided to get both. I know it isn't really free, but for the savings on shipping, I wasn't going to order them separately and pay twice.