Aftermarket AC kit?

Greenmachine

TJ Enthusiast
So I found a possible stable mate for my 04 Rubi. I found a 05 Willy’s edition, 6 speed with 100k on the clock. Only some surface rust on frame and wheels as far as I can tell (will get a more informed friend to check it out, but only after researching this AC question)...and so the thing is...

It didn’t come with AC. I need AC. It’s got the green soft top that I could keep down and blah blah, but with the humidity here in summers, and me looking to make this my daily, no AC is a no-go in my book.

Anyway, anyone ever put in a full AC kit? Any recommendations on brand, etc?

Before I make an offer I want all the info I can get. Also, I’m not handy, but I do have handy friends...thanks!

So I found a possible stable mate for my 04 Rubi. I found a 05 Willy’s edition, 6 speed with 100k on the clock. Only some surface rust on frame and wheels as far as I can tell (will get a more informed friend to check it out, but only after researching this AC question)...and so the thing is...

It didn’t come with AC. I need AC. It’s got the green soft top that I could keep down and blah blah, but with the humidity here in summers, and me looking to make this my daily, no AC is a no-go in my book.

Anyway, anyone ever put in a full AC kit? Any recommendations on brand, etc?

Before I make an offer I want all the info I can get. Also, I’m not handy, but I do have handy friends...thanks!

Very few options other than JeepAir which gets good reviews, unless you want to piece one together but I do not recommend that route as it usually cost more in the long run.

https://jeepair.com/

Reactions: Chris
I find the "1 day job" a little ridiculous. Just the evaporator core is at least a 1 day job. Other than that it looks like a good system.

I agree, it looked like it was a pretty big to do, and while I mulled it over someone else bought the Jeep. I’m ok with it; after seeing the expense of the AC kit itself and then the estimated time to install, I think it’s factory AC or nothing for me.

The search continues...