Aftermarket Axle Options

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
If one was to go with aftermarket axles (let's say built high pinion D44s or possibly D60s) what are the best companies to choose from?

I know of Currie and Dynatrac, but are there others?

In addition to that, do any of these companies have a better reputation than others? I know Currie is top dog for suspension, but I don't know much about their axles.

I'm not planning on doing this anytime soon, it's just something I may do at some point down the road.

East Coast Gear Supply, G2, Revolution

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Beat me to it. Been looking into that as well, and what I've found out is that it is not a lot more expensive to buy an off the shelf axel configured the way you want compared to building your own. The difference is only around $300 - $500 bucks. This is especially true if you have to hire the gear work done.

Reactions: Chris
The only two brands of complete axle assemblies I'd even consider would be from Currie or Dynatrac. G2 is Transamerica/4Wheel Parts' house brand, I wouldn't be interested in their stuff myself. Revolution Gear doesn't make axle assemblies, they only make the shafts and ring & pinion gears.

Beat me to it. Been looking into that as well, and what I've found out is that it is not a lot more expensive to buy an off the shelf axel configured the way you want compared to building your own. The difference is only around $300 - $500 bucks. This is especially true if you have to hire the gear work done.

I've noticed this as well. Perhaps when the time comes I might just buy an axle housing and built it up myself.

The only two brands of complete axle assemblies I'd even consider would be from Currie or Dynatrac. G2 is Transamerica/4Wheel Parts' house brand, I wouldn't be interested in their stuff myself. Revolution Gear doesn't make axle assemblies, they only make the shafts and ring & pinion gears.
From the research I've done that seems to be the general consensus (at least among the more educated guys).

My father runs the Currie built Dana 44s front and rear on 37s and has had absolutely no issues at all with them.