Aftermarket equivalent to Rubicon flares

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
Is there a discussion I missed about any that are worth owning? I inadvertently let my last set get away and now am in need. Rubicon copy, smooth, paintable, any thing out there?

I looked not to long ago and nothing exists that I could find unfortunately. Only in standard 3.25" width.

Its always been my observation that its only the standard 3.25 width or the crazy 7 inch wide in the aftermarket. I don't think the 4.5 inch wide are that rare though in the resale market. My 2005 Rocky Mountain Edition and my 06 Rubicon came with the same width flares. I recently picked up some Sahara flares that are the same width and have the same part number aside from color code.

I think it was only the Sport and SE models that had the narrow, textured flares while all the other trim levels had the smooth, painted flares.
Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Is there a discussion I missed about any that are worth owning? I inadvertently let my last set get away and now am in need. Rubicon copy, smooth, paintable, any thing out there?
No. I've been searching everywhere recently because mine are pretty banged up and I'm not paying $400 for Mopar.

We shall see. Thanks. Oddly, myself and others have searched many times and that has never popped up.
I'd be surprised if they did. I ordered a set from a dealorship a month or so ago only to receive an email that they weren't actually in stock. I found a NIB set from Davey's jeeps after that, but it was his only set. That set ended up having 2 driver side rear flares and no passenger rear flare, luckily I was a able to find that on eBay. I think at this point its either used or searching for someone that has extras hidden in their basement.

I'd be surprised if they did. I ordered a set from a dealorship a month or so ago only to receive an email that they weren't actually in stock. I found a NIB set from Davey's jeeps after that, but it was his only set. That set ended up having 2 driver side rear flares and no passenger rear flare, luckily I was a able to find that on eBay. I think at this point its either used or searching for someone that has extras hidden in their basement.
Yep, been there done that. We'll see and I have no illusions they will have them.

I searched for these for a few months earlier this year. A few Mopar sites would actually let you order them but availability seemed sketchy as most showed them as discontinued. Same with Quadratec but they had a delivery window 6 months out. So I called them and they said they were looking for a new source? Now I don’t even see it listed on their site.

Reactions: mrblaine