Aftermarket equivalent to Rubicon flares

I think it was only the Sport and SE models that had the narrow, textured flares while all the other trim levels had the smooth, painted flares.
Or am I remembering incorrectly?
Correct but the main distinction other than width is all Rubicon flares are painted and as such are very easy to paint again.

It seems like I came across some aftermarket flares that looked like OEM but they were listed as 5”. I can’t remember who made them though. That was a couple years ago.

It seems like I came across some aftermarket flares that looked like OEM but they were listed as 5”. I can’t remember who made them though. That was a couple years ago.
I believe Warn used to make 5” flares that looked stock and were extremely durable and flexible at the same time. They were discontinued over a decade ago.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Simple question, when does an equivalent aftermarket rubicon flare deliver the advertised amount of coverage as an Mopar Flare?

I believe Warn used to make 5” flares that looked stock and were extremely durable and flexible at the same time. They were discontinued over a decade ago.

Interesting. There is someone in my area selling 6” warn flare set new in the box for $350 CDN. Apparently he paid $800 new. I might need to check them out.

well now I kindof regret selling the front flares off my Sahara. May need them when I buy an LJ since it's 99% not going to be a Rubicon.

I bought rubicon flares a couple years ago from summit racing. I didn’t think they were painted either. They have that smooth satin look to them instead of the glossy look like I’ve seen on the Sahara versions.

So the smooth satin colored ones are painted too?

Smooth satin Rubicon flares are also painted. Here is a pic of mine where you can clearly see the top layer of paint coming off.

5B54D0BD-5D67-4EAE-BD0C-67195391E2B0.jpeg

Reactions: MountaineerTom