Aftermarket rear bumper suggestions

Cyclopscop

I own a 2004 TJ sport, it came with an after market front bumper and factory rear bumper. I removed the rear bumper caps and added the stubby bumper caps which helped the over all look but I’m looking to move to an after market bumper before next summer. I like the look of the thin stubby bumper with D-ring mounts and tow hitch and tire carrier. What’s your suggestions or ideas?

BEA684FB-5601-4B81-8631-1193AEFAD327.jpeg

Howabout a bumper with hitch and d ring mounts and then an exogate to carry the spare. Should be lighter and I hear a fair amount of complaints on the rear bumper spare carriers and they are heavy. Just another possible option to consider...good luck.

Reactions: jjvw and Tob
I own a 2004 TJ sport, it came with an after market front bumper and factory rear bumper. I removed the rear bumper caps and added the stubby bumper caps which helped the over all look but I’m looking to move to an after market bumper before next summer. I like the look of the thin stubby bumper with D-ring mounts and tow hitch and tire carrier. What’s your suggestions or ideas?

View attachment 195516
Are you going to use it? Or just for looks?

Reactions: Tob
I have the Rock Hard 4x4 tire carrier. It's heavier than the Dirtworx but has a lot of good features. It can simultaneously carry two gas cans, 100 lbs of cargo on the rack, a 38" spare, a Hi Lift jack, a few antennas, and pull a trailer up to the limit of the tow vehicle.

It can also be raised an inch higher to hide a body lift gap and get an extra inch of departure angle.

It is also made in the US.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-2001-c.htm

Reactions: JMT
I love the dirtworx, another good option if you hang up in the rear regularly like I did (LJ problems) is a plate bumper. Once I customize my next venture plate bumper I’ll be pretty happy - until then I’m still happy on the performance!

I went with the Bestop High Rock and carrier on mine. D-rings, 2" receiver, and tire carrier. Has a spot to mount a highlift and can likely hold a small gas tank. Not the best pic of the bumper, but you get the idea.

IMG_20200622_180710.jpg

Undercover Fab has a great aluminum/steel bumper that will give you D rings, receiver, and tire carrier. Made is USA. I bought it without the tire carrier and it looks great. Just need to finish painting the outer aluminum shell.

I plan to do a Dirtworx and an exogate, talked to the guy that owns Dirtworx and he was really nice. lots of good advice and he's willing to customize a little. Give him my money over shittybuilt any day.

Reactions: LATJ