Against Chinese parts? Read this.

You know, it's inevitable that the majority of Jeep parts do end up being manufactured in China. While I can't predict when that will happen, I'm sure that 50 years from now, it will be the case. I do as much as I can to support American made products. However, when big businesses see that they can save so much as pennies by moving production to China, you bet they will!

I'm not saying the frame and the body won't still be made in America, but what I envision is many of the parts being made in China.

I'll also be the first to say that the Chinese can build high quality stuff, there is no doubt about that. We're just used to seeing all the Chinese garbage and low quality crap they pedal on eBay and other places.

As always, it's about quality control and the quality of manufacturing materials.

Probably not a big deal for Jeep, they've been passed around forever.

FCA says they want to do this to raise cash for environmental compliance, R&D on self driving cars and electric vehicles and regulatory compliance around safety. All I see is buzz words and the latest fads. Well, buzz words.

Reactions: Chris