Ahoy From South Carolina

Jeepskate98

Felicitations fellow Jeepers! I’ve been “lurking” on the forum for almost a year and finally decided to join. Great info and support! My Jeep journey began early last year when a friend of mine acquired an old Cj7 v8, with a 6” lift on 35” Super Swampers. It was really loud and had a terrible road walk, but it was a blast to drive and attracted a lot of attention! Needless say I was hooked. Fast forward to June when I bought a Jeep of my own; a 97 Tj that needed a little work (or so I thought at the time) but was “too good a price to pass up“. It spent months in my mechanic’s shop being rebuilt and repaired (will post a detailed build thread soon), but since I got it back it has had a myriad of problems that have kept it from being a reliable daily driver. This forum has helped me immensely with diagnosing the ongoing issues. Problems aside, when it is running good it’s a lot of fun to drive and gets a lot of compliments from other Jeep drivers. Its been expensive to fix, it guzzles gas, and it’s slow on the highway, but it’s a Jeep thing, I’m sure you folks would understand.

2B08B7B8-8F53-4E55-AD00-DA127D2AEBAA.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! That CJ doesn't look very fun to drive anywhere other than a mud pit, but it's cool nonetheless!

Got any big plans for the TJ, or mostly just going to keep it mild?

Thats a pretty cool CJ, I'm not going to lie. What part of S.C are you in? I'm in the Columbia area.

There's a couple Jeep clubs around here and they're all pretty cool people. Great for finding wheeling buddies.

Hey Chris I pan to keep the Tj pretty mild for now... Its a 2.5 so I don’t want to go much bigger than the 32s that are on it. It does have stock suspension so i might put coil spacers or a 2” coil spring lift to give a little more clearance. It’s actually got 18” Jk rims that the PO put on so i might switch to some 15” rims for better tire selection. I might also add AC for hot rainy days LOL.

Howdy Seeker I’m in the Myrtle Beach area. I hope to participate in the 2020 Myrtle Beach Jeep Jam. They will be having a beach crawl that looks like fun.