Air Compressor Advice

I run the ARB TWIN AIR and I’m very happy with it, I’m never in a race to air up, I run air lockers and an air disconnect on my Sway-Loc so I just need a good dependable %100 duty cycle compressor
Where did you mount your twin ARB? I just bought one and am figuring out mounting options.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Where did you mount your twin ARB? I just bought one and am figuring out mounting options.
Do you have space under your brake booster? I have one Viair under there and if my PSC reservoir allows space I’m hoping to have 2 Viairs under there.

I took the servo tray out to let air circulate under it better, also I did remote filters to get cooler air and protect them from water splashing on them. Here’s a few pics I found.
29CB3D66-01B7-4D77-BC75-CCC380639F3C.jpeg
A7C873DE-6592-4277-8D35-3ED06045B045.jpeg
6CA3C16F-7479-4FDD-9B14-770EA74E0CA1.jpeg
129925C7-8944-4FD9-B4EC-2D435CA781F6.jpeg
DCA05032-F9C8-4306-9057-94B5531FDE51.jpeg
EE978B45-F4F1-4902-A6EF-5CF334E7A28A.jpeg

C910D3E3-DA4D-419A-A598-2026A57A5066.jpeg

98A9A083-8728-49D6-9295-F773C1A725B4.jpeg

Almost never mentioned, probably due to the very high price tag. The Oasis compressor is quite impressive. Not sure it belongs in the conversation but if you want some serious air, this might be worth looking into.
Screenshot_20200430-232916_Chrome.jpg

Almost never mentioned, probably due to the very high price tag. The Oasis compressor is quite impressive. Not sure it belongs in the conversation but if you want some serious air, this might be worth looking into.
View attachment 157523
I looked up the XD-4000. That actually is pretty impressive. 180 amps is going to require quite a large alternator, especially at idle. Constant duty cycle is very nice. $2,000 is a lot of money though.

But for half the price, you could have a belt fed compressor system that provides very similar performance and doesn’t require a $500+ alternator.

https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-boa...n-board-air-kit-wrangler-tj-2000-06-with-a-c/
The York has a cutoff of 150 PSI instead of 200, but I imagine it would be possible to increase the cutoff PSI.

Reactions: Hunter Rich
I took the servo tray out to let air circulate under it better, also I did remote filters to get cooler air and protect them from water splashing on them. Here’s a few pics I found.View attachment 156611View attachment 156612View attachment 156613View attachment 156614View attachment 156615View attachment 156616

View attachment 156617

View attachment 156618

Assume I can figure it out but as I have minimal (read as no) fabrication skills hope you don’t mind a couple questions. Thankfully I have a younger brother who has such skills so questions really are to make easier for him when I say please install this.

First question to make clear my lack of mechanical knowledge. What is that tray for?

Did you mount the compressor to the supports for the tray or remove middle of tray to allow air flow, mount compressor to tray, and then mount tray back to stock holes?

Did you put any type of isolator between compressor and where mounted? I’ve seen it mentioned but not sure if is enough vibration to make necessary?

For the filters and manifold is it just let Jeep/space tell you how to create the bracket?

I have something similar to what Wade posted above. It works OK, take 20 min or so to air up four 32s from 10 to 26 psi. I think it's gotten louder the more I've used it.
Since rebuilding the engine, I never hooked up the AC again. Thinking about converting it to an air pump. I hear that's super fast.

Assume I can figure it out but as I have minimal (read as no) fabrication skills hope you don’t mind a couple questions. Thankfully I have a younger brother who has such skills so questions really are to make easier for him when I say please install this.

First question to make clear my lack of mechanical knowledge. What is that tray for?

Did you mount the compressor to the supports for the tray or remove middle of tray to allow air flow, mount compressor to tray, and then mount tray back to stock holes?

Did you put any type of isolator between compressor and where mounted? I’ve seen it mentioned but not sure if is enough vibration to make necessary?

For the filters and manifold is it just let Jeep/space tell you how to create the bracket?
The tray is for the cruise control servo, the compressor is mounted to the brackets sans tray. The isolators that come with the ARB are used but I substituted the hardware. The bracket was a “Jeep space” thing.

The tray is for the cruise control servo, the compressor is mounted to the brackets sans tray. The isolators that come with the ARB are used but I substituted the hardware. The bracket was a “Jeep space” thing.
That tray is actually for the ABS module. The cruise control servo is typically mounted higher up on the fender, just behind the washer fluid bottle.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I use the ARB single. I didn't want to rob a lot of real estate under the hood with the twin. I just finished plumbing it a few weeks ago and takes about 2 minutes airing up from 15 to 30psi.

20200815_184856_resized.jpg

Reactions: GaTechTJ and Zorba
I am running a 400 series Viair and a 2gl tank. I can fill up (through my powervavles) in undert en mins. With the powervalves and tank, the first is about a minute. The tank rcovers a little while I switch and the second is about 3 mins, etc...

IMG_2356_zps5ytcv3fn.jpg

About the only pic I have of the compressor mounted

IMG_1480_zpscza8rlt8.jpg

Have this on the front, I switched it to a Milton universal QC, it takes all the plug styles:

IMG_1043_zpsjzjnk9ax.jpg

This puppy was an animal but pricey. Had it on my CJ:

746BD034-1B01-405C-8EBE-45A9CF137EF1_zpslmt5d7t3.jpg