Airing out the RTT

Shwane

Backcountry Jeeper
Supporting Member
Not sure if its necessary or not. But i set up my rtt to air it out and get the new smell out on BBQ days.

15234831435721585708491.jpg

Reactions: Rob5589 and ac_
Hey nice trailer!! Looks quite a bit like mine I air mine out a lot too but mostly because I like to hang out in my new fort!

01111_5RQjK58AGdd_1200x900.jpg

Reactions: Rob5589
I'm still waiting for a guy to find himself a small trailer before he sells me his roof top tent. He is going to look at some this weekend.
He has a Smittybuilt RTT. I have a question on both if your RTT...the both look like Smittybuilt. Why is the ladder at the very end of Shwane's RRT and the ladder on AC_'s RRT is underneath it a ways? Two different model Smittybuilts?

Reactions: ac_
I'm still waiting for a guy to find himself a small trailer before he sells me his roof top tent. He is going to look at some this weekend.
He has a Smittybuilt RTT. I have a question on both if your RTT...the both look like Smittybuilt. Why is the ladder at the very end of Shwane's RRT and the ladder on AC_'s RRT is underneath it a ways? Two different model Smittybuilts?

Yes actually if you look the ladder in the same place, but mine looks a little different because I have the XL model and it actually covers the place where the ladder goes up. It is actually the same tent mine is just slightly wider. Mine also has a room underneath and a awning, but I am not sure by @Shwane picture if he has one or not because it is on the opposite side of the ladder.

@Shwane I bought mine used although it was pretty new he only used it a couple of times. Mine still has the smell also, but I added a memory foam pad in mine from Amazon and it is not helping the smell. It is kind of harsh when I first set it up but as i get in and out I get used to it. I imagine the smell will go away at some point. Just air it out during a windy day haha.

There are two models of the same tent.
Here is mine all set up notice the awning on the opposite side?
The ladder is inside of the annex (room under the tent)

00F0F_EPy0gLFNYF_1200x900.jpg

Reactions: Rob5589
I knew there was an XL thought that might make a difference of the ladder position.
Nice annex room! Pretty handy.
Actually the ladder is in the same spot as the non-XL it is just that the XL has a little more space above the ladder so it fits inside nicely. Right in the middle of the annex lol. It gives you extra covered space over the top of the opening when you climb the ladder. Meaning when I climb up my ladder and look up I have roof, but when @Shwane climbs his he sees sky. I believe the XL and non-XL are both the same floor size, but the roof hangs over a little more on the XL. Other than that I believe they are identical.

What also might look deceiving is that my trailer is a 4x8 where I think @Shwane is a 5x10? I know it is wider and longer than mine.

Actually the ladder is in the same spot as the non-XL it is just that the XL has a little more space above the ladder so it fits inside nicely. Right in the middle of the annex lol. It gives you extra covered space over the top of the opening when you climb the ladder. Meaning when I climb up my ladder and look up I have roof, but when @Shwane climbs his he sees sky. I believe the XL and non-XL are both the same floor size, but the roof hangs over a little more on the XL. Other than that I believe they are identical.

What also might look deceiving is that my trailer is a 4x8 where I think @Shwane is a 5x10? I know it is wider and longer than mine.
Okay...thanks for the info!

I was soooo hoping to open this thread to find a video of someone driving with a fully setup RTT. ;)

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

I was soooo hoping to open this thread to find a video of someone driving with a fully setup RTT. ;)

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.
Gotta test the wind load

Im still waiting on actuators to raise mine to annex height. But overall the xl is a little bigger. I was hesitant in buying smittybilt but all the reviews and a few 20 degree nights changed my mind. Solid tent for the price.

Reactions: ac_
Gotta test the wind load

Im still waiting on actuators to raise mine to annex height. But overall the xl is a little bigger. I was hesitant in buying smittybilt but all the reviews and a few 20 degree nights changed my mind. Solid tent for the price.

I had the same reservations about that too, but these to seem really quality for the price. I am really happy with mine. BTW I don't think the xl is any bigger floor plan I think it is just an extra cover over the ladder. It does make it look bigger and technically the annex will be bigger because it connects to the end of that extra fabric, but tent for tent I think they are the exact same size.

I did freeze my ass of in mine one night when my heater stopped, but I fired it back up, and I was toasty. I imaging I am more of a glamper than you haha.