Alaska Off-Road Warriors

chino1969

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
He might be talking about Alaska Off Road Warriors from the History Channel, Super Jeep was in it.
Got curious from seeing this and looked up the "Super Jeep" to see what it was. Apparently it's a 1942 Willys with a V8, running 44" tires. That thing is a beast!

https://www.history.com/shows/alaska-off-road-warriors/season-1/episode-8/the-story-of-super-jeep

Reactions: Mikester86
Got curious from seeing this and looked up the "Super Jeep" to see what it was. Apparently it's a 1942 Willys with a V8, running 44" tires. That thing is a beast!

View attachment 99881

https://www.history.com/shows/alaska-off-road-warriors/season-1/episode-8/the-story-of-super-jeep

My memory is a little rusty, it's been a few years since I watched it.I think they made him run 38s for the show, there was a Toyota 4 banger and a few other vehicles that wouldn't of had a chance against 42s.

Haven’t heard of it until now, but I’ll have to check it out!

Let me know what you think. The terrain ranges from river crossing, boulder fields to mud and Permafrost. Repairs are made in the field ranging from broken axles, flats, bent tie rods, etc..

Reactions: Chris
My memory is a little rusty, it's been a few years since I watched it.I think they made him run 38s for the show, there was a Toyota 4 banger and a few other vehicles that wouldn't of had a chance against 42s.

The Toyota didn't even have lockers.

Is this the same AORW from a few years ago? Carl and his near disaster kitchen sink Jeep was the only interesting part.

There are a couple good threads on Pirate with Carl and a few others from the show complaining about the show's production team and their lack of knowledge of vehicles. We got to learn about 48" wheel openings and how broken brush guards are the same as cracked frames.

Reactions: Long Rider
I know Carl he lives down the road from me. He still does side Jeep work. He’s planning on redoing super Jeep and trying to run on the new top truck show. It’s on 42’s currently but he said he was going to change the suspension up in the rear a bit. There’s not much original Jeep left lol.
He’s loves talking jeeps though if you’re ever in Poulsbo Washington.

Super Jeep

Last edited:
Reactions: Equilibrium31
I know Carl he lives down the road from me. He still does side Jeep work. He’s planning on redoing super Jeep and trying to run on the new top truck show. It’s on 42’s currently but he said he was going to change the suspension up in the rear a bit. There’s not much original Jeep left lol.
He’s loves talking jeeps though if you’re ever in Poulsbo Washington.

Super Jeep

That is so cool having someone like that close by.