Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

A bit of basic maintenance. I wasn't positive if or when they were done before. They were autolite so I'm assuming I either did them early on in my ownership or the PO did them at some point.

@JMT - Thanks for the link to the new plugs. It was the motivation I needed.
View attachment 252030

View attachment 252031

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009J39ZI2/?tag=wranglerorg-20
@Jerry Bransford says those iridium tipped are good for 200,000 miles and really possibly more. I bought 12 because they were so cheap and both the Rubi and the XJ need them.

Reactions: D M and Alex01
Can I send you a link to 1 ton axles?
I'm doing my best to stay away from that rabbit hole. All roads with a new axles lead to 37's, a stretch, and a very empty bank account. Now, if a locker dies or the axle somehow breaks it may force my hand :ROFLMAO: . Guess I need to find some tougher trails.

I'm doing my best to stay away from that rabbit hole. All roads with a new axles lead to 37's, a stretch, and a very empty bank account. Now, if a locker dies or the axle somehow breaks it may force my hand :ROFLMAO: . Guess I need to find some tougher trails.
;)
200-gif.gif
200-gif.gif

Reactions: D M and Alex01
Thanks @Daryl for recommending the oil catch. It greatly reduced the amount coming out of the air line. At this point I'm sure it's just the reminiscent of the last air up.

I'm thinking about plumbing the catch to feed back into the pump instead of on the ground.

20210513_192911.jpg

Thanks @Daryl for recommending the oil catch. It greatly reduced the amount coming out of the air line. At this point I'm sure it's just the reminiscent of the last air up.

I'm thinking about plumbing the catch to feed back into the pump instead of on the ground.

View attachment 252311

I've got the line and fittings for a return if you want it.

Reactions: DrDmoney and D M
I've got the line and fittings for a return if you want it.
That would be awesome. - I'm happy to cover shipping and what you have into it...

I currently have a fitting coming off the collector that feeds into a tube and dumps near the engine mount.

That would be awesome. - I'm happy to cover shipping and what you have into it...

I currently have a fitting coming off the collector that feeds into a tube and dumps near the engine mount.

It's the ORO return line kit so you can see what it comes with. Let me find it and get it ready to ship. Might be a day or two.
Glad to help out and it gets one more part out of my messy garage.