Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

That looks like Jim at Lake Philsbury.

CIMG5293.JPG

Big day for the jeep. The bedrug/tread showed up today. The rug portion fit like a glove but the tread needed a bit of cutting to fit nice. I feel like I can finally go wine tasting and live the fancy life now that I'm no longer just a savage with spray in liner.

I didn't want to pull the console so the deadening isn't installed. I'll likely get some thicker stuff anyways though because the stuff they include is quite thin.

Thanks again @deadbeat son for the rear Matt's.

View attachment 285819

View attachment 285817
Do you like the combination or would you prefer all of one or the other?

Reactions: Wildman
Do you like the combination or would you prefer all of one or the other?
I think for my purposes it will be great. We often bring our dog along and I didn't want to deal with picking hairs out of the rear area. They blend together seamlessly but if one starts wearing faster than the other I'll keep the thread updated. @lowranger seems to have had great results with the same mix for years.

20211023_180228.jpg

I think for my purposes it will be great. We often bring our dog along and I didn't want to deal with picking hairs out of the rear area. They blend together seamlessly but if one starts wearing faster than the other I'll keep the thread updated. @lowranger seems to have had great results with the same mix for years.

View attachment 286172
I could see the hair being an issue. I've got the tread in my new truck and had carpet in the old, I think I'd go back to carpet after experiencing the tread.

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
I haven't had a dog hair issue with my bedrug in the cargo area. I'm really a fan. I have two dogs, a wire hair fox terrier, which has hair like steel wool, and a Cock-a-lier, who has very long, soft, and fine hair. Both vacuum up equally well.

Reactions: Alex01
I haven't had a dog hair issue with my bedrug in the cargo area. I'm really a fan. I have two dogs, a wire hair fox terrier, which has hair like steel wool, and a Cock-a-lier, who has very long, soft, and fine hair. Both vacuum up equally well.
I'll see today. We are about to head over to Cow Mt. With @bobthetj03 and company and the pup is ready to be loaded up.

Of course the first trip after installing carpets its going to be muddy.

My wife saw them for the first time yesterday and mentioned that the jeep looks so luxurious now lol.

Had some fun at Sand Hollow with @Midnight LJR today running the west Rim trail. A fairly sporty trail for a 4 rating. Took some damage on the rear fenders but the sheet metal is fine. We took the JL...
20211126_104927.jpg
20211126_105701.jpg

20211126_105723.jpg

Talk about TJ width. The JL had to bypass in fear of the sidewall grip failing and smashing the hardtop.
20211126_113158.jpg
20211126_113202.jpg
20211126_113344.jpg
20211126_125715.jpg
IMG_0889.JPEG
IMG_0882.JPEG
IMG_0891.JPEG
IMG_0847.JPEG
IMG_0841.JPEG
IMG_0828.JPEG

@Alex01
Did you upgrade your York to the ORO one? Top doesn't look like the one I'd sent you.

View attachment 293692
Sure did. When I talked to Steve he said it would only be around 150 more for the whole package vs buying individual pieces. Seemed like a no Brainer. The one you sent may be ending up in another members though once they pull the tigger on the brackets. For now it's lovely workbench art.

Sure did. When I talked to Steve he said it would only be around 150 more for the whole package vs buying individual pieces. Seemed like a no Brainer. The one you sent may be ending up in another members though once they pull the tigger on the brackets. For now it's lovely workbench art.

Yep no brainer for sure. Hopefully the old one will get used. Now we just have to talk @JMT to go York and I can give away the other one I got sitting here.