Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

I think I am very close to 5. But, so is my drive shaft. I am not on my tires yet. My jeep had lost the cams at some point in the past. I am going to get that space filled up before I set it down and get final measurements and a test run. when I get it smooth we will see how the formula works on mine. Thanks.

I got those Black magic washers in and really like the result. My readings are 5.5 on the pinon angle and 7.8 on the drive shaft. The thought of lengthening that one jamed up rc upper arm is just too much pain, so I am going double adjustable. Do you order the savvy or metalcloak arms direct from mfg or mail order house?

Reactions: Thunderhead
I got those Black magic washers in and really like the result. My readings are 5.5 on the pinon angle and 7.8 on the drive shaft. The thought of lengthening that one jamed up rc upper arm is just too much pain, so I am going double adjustable. Do you order the savvy or metalcloak arms direct from mfg or mail order house?
I got the metal cloak aluminum double adjustable arms straight from metal cloaks website. I'm really happy with them and they really make dialing in angles much easier. They took around a week to ship out.

Made a hoist for the hardtop. I need to adjust the paracord a bit so I can can get a bit more height out of it.
20190407_074552.jpg

Nicely done on the hardtop hoist I do something similar with mine in our carport with motorcycle tie downs and 2 poles.

Nicely done on the hardtop hoist I do something similar with mine in our carport with motorcycle tie downs and 2 poles.
Nice. It's a long over due project and so much easier now. For the last 4 or 5 years I have always driven to my parents house around 15 miles away and stored it in thier side yard.

I attached 2 2x4 to the ceiling with lag bolts, attached I bolts and hung pullys off them. Then connected all the lines together at a hand crank so I can easily raise and lower it.

Nice. It's a long over due project and so much easier now. For the last 4 or 5 years I have always driven to my parents house around 15 miles away and stored it in thier side yard.

I attached 2 2x4 to the ceiling with lag bolts, attached I bolts and hung pullys off them. Then connected all the lines together at a hand crank so I can easily raise and lower it.

I’m sure you’re parents appreciate one less thing at their house, now they just need to get rid of that trailer 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
Started the jeep today to pull it out of the garage to make room for toms jeep to move in. When I started it I fumbled a bit and it half started and died. When I went to start it after it took longer then normal and started sounding like a diesel (missing a cylinder) lay and behold a cel pops up. P0302 pops up. Misfire in cylinder 2. I turn it of wait a minute and restart. Sounds fine and runs smooth but cel is still on. Im thinking I need to put some miles on it and hopefully it clears itself.

20190411_182650.jpg

Started the jeep today to pull it out of the garage to make room for toms jeep to move in. When I started it I fumbled a bit and it half started and died. When I went to start it after it took longer then normal and started sounding like a diesel (missing a cylinder) lay and behold a cel pops up. P0302 pops up. Misfire in cylinder 2. I turn it of wait a minute and restart. Sounds fine and runs smooth but cel is still on. Im thinking I need to put some miles on it and hopefully it clears itself.

View attachment 87936
Hope so too.

View attachment 87936

I would clear it and see if it throws it again. If it is misfiring you will get a light again vs driving it with a misfire waiting for it to go out.