Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

I would clear it and see if it throws it again. If it is misfiring you will get a light again vs driving it with a misfire waiting for it to go out.
Good thinking. I'll disconnect the battery when I get home and clear it out. Unless you know another way that doesn't involve a scanner.
Since Tom doesn't say much over on his thread, what are you doing to his Jeep? Bed liner?
I picked it up from Tom Wednesday since I was in the city. It has a fairly rough idle and highway vibs above 65 so I was going through it trying to figure it out. Found a few small things so hopefully it will get better once corrected. Yesterday I lowered the front pinion a bit (2*) to get some caster back and dialed in the rear pinion to be within .1* of ds. Drives better then before. Sunday Tom is coming over to install the dynamat and with any luck the dynamat will soak up some of the idle vibs. (hence pulling the interior) Also a diff fluid change some time before Moab.

Good thinking. I'll disconnect the battery when I get home and clear it out. Unless you know another way that doesn't involve a scanner.

I picked it up from Tom Wednesday since I was in the city. It has a fairly rough idle and highway vibs above 65 so I was going through it trying to figure it out. Found a few small things so hopefully it will get better once corrected. Yesterday I lowered the front pinion a bit (2*) to get some caster back and dialed in the rear pinion to be within .1* of ds. Drives better then before. Sunday Tom is coming over to install the dynamat and with any luck the dynamat will soak up some of the idle vibs. (hence pulling the interior) Also a diff fluid change some time before Moab.
Nice....getting him dialed in. :)

Reactions: Alex01

No that’s the easiest without a scanner just disconnected for 10 minutes

Reactions: Alex01
Out with the new
20190418_212059.jpg

In with the old
20190418_214328.jpg

Market holiday tomorrow so I have the day off. Wife will be at work and baby has daycare. I'm planning on swapping out the rear yoke with the 1330 so I can finally dump the conversion joint in the rear. Also, I ordered the items to do the transfer case lever mod and the parts come in tomorrow so I will be replacing both knobs. (Shifter / transfercase). After that the jeep is ready for moab. I'm thinking I'll run it without the flares since I don't anticipate tons of mud. But still undecided. Oh I still need to add a splash of antifreeze. I'll probably head down and get some tomorrow.

Last edited:
What's the bucket in front of Tom's Jeep? Did you wash it for him too?
:ROFLMAO: no I'm not that nice. I have to draw the line somewhere. The baby was putting all her chalk in it yesterday.

Me too! 1310 sounds better. I need to replace mine as well, so go thru the process. Our rear diffs should be the same, but my Dana 44 isn't a Rubi 44, so not sure if there is a difference.

Me too! 1310 sounds better. I need to replace mine as well, so go thru the process. Our rear diffs should be the same, but my Dana 44 isn't a Rubi 44, so not sure if there is a difference.
Typically yes there would be a difference, but I bought my Tom Woods rear shaft when I still had the dana 35 in the rear so the shaft is set up for a 1310.

It's been too long for me to remember since doing my re-gear, but I don't remember if my Dana 44 had a crush sleeve, or shims. The rotational torque thingy has me nervous.

It's been too long for me to remember since doing my re-gear, but I don't remember if my Dana 44 had a crush sleeve, or shims. The rotational torque thingy has me nervous.
I am fairly confident it has shims.

What do you use to hold on to the yoke while torquing it?
Weight of jeep / ebreak.

After installing the new yoke the Jeep was making a high pitched grinding noise. I noticed the new yoke has a metal where it contacts the pinion and the old one was rubber.
20190419_192151.jpg

Did I buy the wrong yoke?
@bobthetj03 @Rob5589 ?

Last edited:
Splicer 2-4-8091X

Do I need this one?
Screenshot_20190419-195037_Chrome.jpg