Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

I put the same yoke up font on my Dana 30, but it was done at the same time as the re-gear, so I guess I just lucked out that the install kit had the correct seal. I may already have the right seal in the rear since it was also changed with the re-gear, but I'll have to look. I'll have the seal on hand just in case. Thanks for the linky.

Reactions: Alex01
I couldn't pass up $25 on some last minute spending before Moab. Guess I'll be installing parts when I get there.
20190425_202439.jpg

Steering box skid

Reactions: bobthetj03
Hey he can use Toms garage
Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I've been feeling a bit nervous for him since his jeep has been parked at my house but he finally got it back today. Still has minor vibs but a hell of a lot better then when it arrived.

Last edited:
Awesome Alex, vibe free! So happy for you. That’s a good day!

Reactions: Alex01
So, let's get a post Moab review of your jeep setup. Did everything work as expected?
Everything worked great and I'm extremely happy with how the jeep performed. The jeep didn't have any issues at all. I reset the trip computer when I loaded it on the trailer and we logged 469 Moab miles.

@JMT and I always picked the hardest lines to get up and I think I only used the lockers once or twice. Looking forward to going again. Hopefully next year but if not definitely the next.

Now that I'm back I may remove the front springs and try and figure out my tb clearance issue.

Everything worked great and I'm extremely happy with how the jeep performed. The jeep didn't have any issues at all. I reset the trip computer when I loaded it on the trailer and we logged 469 Moab miles.

@JMT and I always picked the hardest lines to get up and I think I only used the lockers once or twice. Looking forward to going again. Hopefully next year but if not definitely the next.

Now that I'm back I may remove the front springs and try and figure out my tb clearance issue.

We’ll have to find some more challenging obstacles so you can get your money’s worth out of those lockers on the Con.

We’ll have to find some more challenging obstacles so you can get your money’s worth out of those lockers on the Con.
With you and Daryl on the trail I'll probably have a tough time just keeping up :p I'm going to feel under built near you guys.

All kidding aside, I’m glad to hear your Jeep did well for you in Moab. Did anyone run Rim Trail?

With you and Daryl on the trail I'll probably have a tough time just keeping up :p I'm going to feel under built near you guys.

How did those MC arms do? I’m going to swap out this 19 yr old RE suspension before it’s old enough to drink.

All kidding aside, I’m glad to hear your Jeep did well for you in Moab. Did anyone run Rim Trail?
No I proposed it but we ran Poison Spider Mesa that day instead. The only person who would have been willing to run the Rim would have been @JMT but it was fun running with @ac_ and my father in law that day. Poison Spider was turned out to be my favorite trail we ran.
How did those MC arms do? I’m going to swap out this 19 yr old RE suspension before it’s old enough to drink.
MC arms did great. Honestly I can't tell the difference between my front MC and Rear RE though other then when it comes to adjusting them.