Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Well, you going stir crazy yet? Is your Amazon cart full?

Definitely becoming more and more stir crazed every day. I removed the front shocks this morning since they had to be in the mail today in order for me to get money back from amazon. (ranchos 2.5) I ordered some more paint from ebay with the thoughts that I would paint the front fender flares body color. (I'm ripping off all @Daryl's look)

Since my shocks are removed I'm hoping this weekend I can remove the inner fenders and start making a cardboard templet for the cut on the shock tower. Still awaiting information on when the shocks will be shipped out so I can't start cutting the poly brackets yet.

Today is the first day I'm fully off pain medicine so now it's really just a game of weight restriction. I'm not suppose to lift anything over 10lbs for another week. I'm thinking I'll be going back to work tomorrow since I don't want to burn all my PTO.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Daryl
Well, at least you get to tinker and plan a little. You're mostly behind a desk anyway at work? Just make sure those beers are less than 10 lbs. and you're golden, lol!

Reactions: Alex01
Well, at least you get to tinker and plan a little. You're mostly behind a desk anyway at work? Just make sure those beers are less than 10 lbs. and you're golden, lol!
Yes I sit behind a desk all day. The heaviest thing at work I deal with it putting a new ream of paper into the printer. I just picked up a new 6 pack last night to try and fend of some of my boredom. @tomtaylz is trying to sabotage my recovery though since he has a 40lbs bumper showing up tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JMT and tomtaylz
I'm sure the UPS driver isn't happy about that either. It's actually a pretty light bumper compared to some, but has a lot of beef to it. I've come down hard on mine many times and it takes it like a champ.

Reactions: JMT and tomtaylz
This was my latest refresh when I decided to add LED back ups and flush mount a RV trailer plug.
20151020_124018.jpg

This was my latest refresh when I decided to add LED back ups and flush mount a RV trailer plug.
View attachment 100107
Looks pretty solid. I think Tom's only criteria is the ability to use a bike mount that plugs into the receiver so it looks more than up to the task. The LJ also has more room for your hands behind the bumper so I don't think we will even need to drop the trank to install it. But..... he does want to drop the tank to fix his splash back issue.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I didn't have to drop my tank to install it, so it should be easy peasy. The gas tank plunger fix, not so easy. I still need to fix mine. It'll take 14 gallons, then spit on me. I can milk 2 more gallons if I go in slow spurts. PITA!

Reactions: tomtaylz
I didn't have to drop my tank to install it, so it should be easy peasy. The gas tank plunger fix, not so easy. I still need to fix mine. It'll take 14 gallons, then spit on me. I can milk 2 more gallons if I go in slow spurts. PITA!
Just add it to the list 👍

Atleast with the lift you could just put a cart under it then raise the jeep up.

Have I ever mentioned I'm super jealous you have access that that 🤣

Hmmm gas tank plunger fix...I’m not familiar with this, go on.

I’ve gotten very good at guessing near the end and then pumping real slow.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I’ve gotten very good at guessing near the end and then pumping real slow.

2 decades of TJ ownership and I have never had or heard of this gas-ed reflux. Consider myself lucky then, but it does have a problem with it running out the other end of the tank.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
I sold my set of rockhard 4x4 sliders since I didn't want to modify them to fit the fenders. I ordered Metal Cloak sliders earlier this week. They will take around 2-3 weeks to ship.
You want me to pick them up when I stop by the Cloakworks Friday? I’m getting real good at leaving stuff on your front lawn.

@DrDmoney thanks for the offer but... like you found out they have been on the jeep for a while now.

Reactions: DrDmoney