Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

That’s a pretty tough job without a plasma cutter, good that your inner fenders are removed.
It should be pretty fun. I've never used a plasma cutter so I won't know what I'm missing.

My goal is to do it like the attached photo.
Screenshot_20190623-081354_Chrome.jpg

Nice looking welds! Well done! Flux core or gas shielding?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I wish.... the welded photo is a screenshot. Mine is the photo above. I'm still awaiting the shocks for final measurements so I'm done with the passanger side for now.

Reactions: TJ Starting
A bit more progress. Probably because my helper was out today.
20190625_180121.jpg
I rough cut the mount approximately 1 inch higher than I should need. I'll leave it like this until @bobthetj03 can glue the metal together then adjust as needed. Tack and test...
20190625_175655.jpg

Now on to the drivers side.

A bit more progress. Probably because my helper was out today.
View attachment 101237I rough cut the mount approximately 1 inch higher than I should need. I'll leave it like this until @bobthetj03 can glue the metal together then adjust as needed. Tack and test...
View attachment 101239
Now on to the drivers side.

Nice job! You were right, a plasma cutter would have just spoiled your fun. I see you went MC uppers and lowers.

Reactions: Alex01
Nice job! You were right, a plasma cutter would have just spoiled your fun. I see you went MC uppers and lowers.
That I did, I still need to save up for the rear though. Im 50% MC 50% RE at the moment.

Reactions: DrDmoney
What is the stroke on your shock and how did you arrive at your mount height? Also I read you are using 2.5’s will they clear at full droop on the passenger side?

What is the stroke on your shock and how did you arrive at your mount height? Also I read you are using 2.5’s will they clear at full droop on the passenger side?
I will be running fox 11" shocks. My estimated height is currently based off of compressed length + desired up travel piston length which is 6.5 + 1.5" (buffer)

The rancho 2.5 shocks were a hair to large (compressed length) on full bump (right) / droop (Left) the uptravel on them was 6.25.

My goal is to have 6.5 up and 4.5 down. With that setup full droop will be very similar (a spec longer) than when I ran ranchos 3.5" shocks.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I will be running fox 11" shocks. My estimated height is currently based off of compressed length + desired up travel piston length which is 6.5 + 1.5" (buffer)

The rancho 2.5 shocks were a hair to large (compressed length) on full bump (right) / droop (Left) the uptravel on them was 6.25.

My goal is to have 6.5 up and 4.5 down. With that setup full droop will be very similar (a spec longer) than when I ran ranchos 3.5" shocks.

I knew you did your homework, i was just wondering if you had to cope a universal Poly mount for the frame or if you were able to use the standard frame notch?

I knew you did your homework, i was just wondering if you had to cope a universal Poly mount for the frame or if you were able to use the standard frame notch?

I started with the Universal shock mount kit. PPI-5003
I'm not familiar enough with the terminology to understand the rest :ROFLMAO:

Painted the rear flares. I was too lazy to reinstall the tire to get photos outside.

The shock extension project is going well. Just need to spend a bit more time on the drivers side. Plan to is get them burned on fairly soon and with any luck give them a bit of a test prior to the con.
20190710_204606.jpg
20190710_204548.jpg
20190710_204555.jpg

You and the Con suck!

Great looking rig! Just keeps getting better and better.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01