Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

I wish i were able to say the same mine is just a pain in the ass and just keeps making more and more weird noises. I don't understand I feel like the more love I give to it the more it wants to make funny noises.
If I was close to you I wouldn't mind taking a look but you're a good distance away. You may luck out if you post in the regional area and perhaps you'll find someone close by. Also, you may even meet a few people to wheel with.

If I was close to you I wouldn't mind taking a look but you're a good distance away. You may luck out if you post in the regional area and perhaps you'll find someone close by. Also, you may even meet a few people to wheel with.
I have a few friends with whom to wheel with its just hard picking a day to meet lmfao

I sold the hard top today. I made the mistake of telling my wife it had value and she questioned why I still keep it around. After giving it some thought I realized I don't have a have a good reason. I don't daily the jeep so most the time I'm enjoying it with the soft top / no top anyways.

I did reinvest a portion of the proceeds into the jeep though. I just ordered some 4140 revolution US made rear shafts. I figured they would be a bit of extra security for the rubicon.

Can I laugh at your mismatched control arms now, or should I wait for a better time?
I'll look really goofy when I buy 1 and am only running a Rubicon Express upper or lower in the rear and 3 MCs. I hope to buy one set soon and hopefully get another before the con for my birthday. 🤞

Plenty happening here. I think the slider could go body match as long as the tube remained blac, just enough to tie into the warn bumpers.

4140 axle shafts, you suck! I cant do anything to mine now, its even parked outside. One day

Plenty happening here. I think the slider could go body match as long as the tube remained blac, just enough to tie into the warn bumpers.

4140 axle shafts, you suck! I cant do anything to mine now, its even parked outside. One day
Ya that's the consensus with the paint scheme. Since MC welded the bar to the slider I'm thinking it would be easier to paint the whole thing body then tape off the backer and respray the bar black. I'll be out of stuff to do fairly soon so maybe I'll get to it in the next few weeks.

I got more for the top than I could have hoped for so I figured I would splurge a bit. I tried to make the argument that is was a jeep part so all money should be reinvested but didn't win.

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
You should see my Amazon wish list! it ain't pretty.
I can't look at the amazon save for later list. It stress me out too much. I swear my wife has at least a full paycheck worth of items sitting in it. And that before mortgage or car payments.

Jeep parts sold need to go to jeep parts bought! There is a code! Think John Wick.
In all fairness after the poly mounts and shocks I'm probably pretty close to being all in with the top money. Now I need to sell my dirt bike I never use and by MORE jeep parts. I had that before I meet her so it's not community property right? :ROFLMAO:

Ya that's the consensus with the paint scheme. Since MC welded the bar to the slider I'm thinking it would be easier to paint the whole thing body then tape off the backer and respray the bar black. I'll be out of stuff to do fairly soon so maybe I'll get to it in the next few weeks.

I got more for the top than I could have hoped for so I figured I would splurge a bit. I tried to make the argument that is was a jeep part so all money should be reinvested but didn't win.
I have that argument won. Actually it never was an argument! 😉

Reactions: Alex01
In all fairness after the poly mounts and shocks I'm probably pretty close to being all in with the top money. Now I need to sell my dirt bike I never use and by MORE jeep parts. I had that before I meet her so it's not community property right? :ROFLMAO:
Absolutely

Reactions: Alex01
The new drive shafts showed up today. They were suppose to show up tomorrow but amazon shipped them next day air!!!
20190719_134638.jpg

I quickly got to work removing the old shafts and getting the new ones in.
20190719_135449.jpg
20190719_142528.jpg

The install went smoothly other when I tested out the locker forgetting to put the jeep in neutral. Embarrassingly it took me about 30 minutes and removing one of the shafts before I figured out my mistake. If it wasn't for the brain fart it would have been one of the easier quicker upgrades I've done.

The jeep is now loaded up on the trailer awaiting the shock installation tomorrow.
15635765704608782304906860025343.jpg

@lowranger , @bobthetj03 have your goodies loaded up 👍