Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Bunch of enablers here! Agreed, half doors would be the bees knees for his rig.
Good wrenching day today. Lots of stuff done.
That’s just frickin great for you! I got to pack....again :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
Bunch of enablers here! Agreed, half doors would be the bees knees for his rig.
Good wrenching day today. Lots of stuff done.
I know. I'm gone from the forums 1 day and now I need half doors 🤣. I do agree they would be bad ass. If you see any in ps5, silverstone metallic, let me know...

Long day today. I got back around 8:30 and finally had some time to write about the day. I headed out to meet @bobthetj03 at his shop around 6am and got there about 8:30. We worked on getting the towers in until around lunch. It only took about 2 attempts to get the positioning correct per side. The shocks sit with a hair under 7 inches of up travel on both side and only compromise about a 1/4, maybe even less, of droop in this position. It all went really smoothly. The only issue we ran into was a stubborn bottom shock bolt but Jim persuaded it on.

20190720_173603.jpg

We even had some fun with the fork lift.
20190720_160204.jpg
20190720_160629.jpg
20190720_160223.jpg
20190720_160638.jpg

Thank you @bobthetj03. Without you none of this would have been possible. Also, thanks for welding the d-ring to the trailer.

Maybe next time we could out board the rear 🤣👍

Did you notice any change in vibs after raising the skid and adding the MML?

Raising skids and adding motor mounts, are we Mr Jim?

FYI, I'm whooped! Don't get old brah!
Me too. Taking those 35s on and off did me in.

My brakes sunk to the floor again when I got home. I'll probably end up doing a break flush and make sure everything is tight. If that doesn't do it Master cylinder?

I'm also confused why my rear end was binding on the fork lift pull. Hopefully I'll have new MC arms by the rubicon and can test it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
Must be a traffic thing, I leave my house at 2am on Mondays and go to Mountan View for work, I get there in 2.5 hours. Well you’re out of that mess now that’s all that matters. Did your job transfer you?
Yup .. traffic thing for sure!

I work from home now. Was able to keep the same job and salary.