Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

My brakes sunk to the floor again when I got home. I'll probably end up doing a break flush and make sure everything is tight. If that doesn't do it Master cylinder?

My guess is your master cylinder may be by bypassing internally. If there are no leaks, the fluid has to be going somewhere. May pose the question to Blaine.

Can we see pictures up close? I’d really like to the lower mounts

Here is the lower mount.
15637336430014289342580528872093.jpg

Wouldn’t happen to have a better angle?
I can take some more later once I get it fully into the sun. The sun was blinding my camera since it was in the shade facing outside. Any particular angle?

Reactions: DrDmoney
Reactions: Alex01
56 days left, any other mod plans? I gassed up and got some Subway in Pollock Pines yesterday, so many rigs coming off the Con all stretched with Coil overs on all 4 corners.

Jeepers Jamboree this coming weekend.

56 days left, any other mod plans? I gassed up and got some Subway in Pollock Pines yesterday, so many rigs coming off the Con all stretched with Coil overs on all 4 corners.
Replace the rear RE arms with MC. Also I need to track down a brake issue and also find out why I'm binding in the rear. If you look at the fork lift photos you will see I'm miles away from the fender. I still wasn't on the bumps and my shocks had space.

I pulled the upper RE arms and I'm amazed how bad they are. Must be my mad flex 🤣 Mind you they have approximately 10k miles on them.

20190722_204501.jpg

20190722_202351.jpg

Last edited:
The other one was toast also. Photos are up.

Dang! Really, 10K? Everybody gives MC crap and I've go 65K on my uppers, and they look nothing like that! I knew it was them that was making all that noise as we were flexing the suspension.

Dang! Really, 10K? Everybody gives MC crap and I've go 65K on my uppers, and they look nothing like that! I knew it was them that was making all that noise as we were flexing the suspension.
I can't wait to see what the lowers look like. Once the lower MC arms get in I'll post the REs to see if they lasted. Hopefully that was a contributing factor to the binding.

Last edited:
I don't want to start a control arm joint turd fest. We know what works, and what doesn't.
But it said superflex. Clearly I've gone beyond that 🤣

Live and learn I guess. The only RE items I'll have left soon is the rear tb bracket which will be replaced sooner than later and the stainless brake lines upfront.

I can't wait to see what the lowers look like. My resale value went down the crapper. Once the lower MC arms get in I'll post the REs to see if they lasted. Hopefully that was a contributing factor to the binding.
Mine were beat up worse than ever, still can’t believe the improvement with the MC’s

Mine were beat up worse than ever, still can’t believe the improvement with the MC’s
I'm excited to drive it around the block once I get the lowers in place. The broken rubber couldn't have been helping the ride. I was really in shock when those arms came off. @bobthetj03 MC arms looked almost new when he was greasing them up the other day.