Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

You mean like your front shocks? Lol!
Exactly. I may shed some tears if the fronts got messed up. More so because it would involve cutting, grinding, and rewelding to fix.

I think I may have smoked the right rear as a result of that minor contact. It was slower to extend out than the left when I was swapping rear springs. This is how much I ended up cutting of the lower perch.
20180120_131913.jpg

Reactions: Alex01
Probably need to cut it straight across like we did on my LJ
Probably. I could likely follow my current cut taking off .5" more and be fine. It will be sidelined though since I really don't want to pull the springs. If they lived through the rubicon and the small rock garden last trip they certainly won't break on the Christmas tree run (knocks on wood)

You'll be fine. Are you coming up this way Friday night?
No, we'll be heading up Saturday. Currently, I have a hotel booked Saturday night but Christina is thinking about just the two of us going and making it a day trip. In that event, I would be driving the jeep and leaving the truck and trailer behind.

Reactions: bobthetj03
When I was messing around with relocating the lower shock mounts, this happened to my rears.
View attachment 125926View attachment 125928
When i was making my lower shock mounts for my ranchos, i had this same problem. I eventually found a spot on the axle where the shock body just barely passes the frame at full flex but it took a lot of trial and error.

Disclaimer barley jeep related...

I got a new project today. I even got to use the winch (ON THE JEEP) to drag it into the driveway.
20191130_130505.jpg

The kid that I bought it from crashed off the side of the road, damaged the door, fender, oil pan, and front subframe.

Getting it in the garage wasn't as fun. I used the jeep as an anchor and a ratching tow strap to drag it inside.
Resized_20191130_133327.jpeg
20191130_140034.jpg

Here's it's bad side
Resized_20191130_134103.jpeg

I suppose I'll be spending time on a
miata forum. @bobthetj03 if I'm done by summer we may need to plan a coast trip in the sport cars.

Last edited:
Disclaimer barley jeep related...

I got a new project today. I even got to use the winch (ON THE JEEP) to drag it into the driveway. View attachment 127216

The kid that I bought it from crashed off the side of the road, damaged the door, fender, oil pan, and front subframe.

Getting it in the garage wasn't as fun. I used the jeep as an anchor and a ratching tow strap to drag it inside.
View attachment 127230View attachment 127218
Here's it's bad side
View attachment 127219
I suppose I'll be spending time on a
miata forum. @bobthetj03 if I'm done by summer we may need to plan a coast trip in the sport cars.
Nice! I like the color. Looks like that front axle is shoved back some.

Nice! I like the color. Looks like that front axle is shoved back some.
Without a doubt. It didn't reach the inner fender support. Also, the strut mounts, and uniframe are crinkle free. The A arms are bent which caused the wheel to push back. It's definitely a project. I realized though that my Jack is too high to fit under the car 🤣 I'll be picking up a low profile jack tomorrow.

Miatas are fun to drive, from what I've heard. I have a soft spot for roadsters too. Coast trip over the mountains for sure. I'm sure @Indy will want to join in.

Could they be resealed? Or do you have any idea what’s causing them to leak?
Those are some great questions. I'll pull them off later today and see if it's anything obvious.