Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Yeah, we need to sort that out @Alex01 . @lowranger , I'll let you know when we nail down a Saturday to wrench and you can come over and supervise.
I'll talk to the boss and figure out when I will be missed the least. Possibly the 2nd or the 9th. Do you work all week days? I'm thinking if the baby is in daycare I have a much better chance and I can take some PTO.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I'll talk to the boss and figure out when I will be missed the least. Possibly the 2nd or the 9th. Do you work all week days? I'm thinking if the baby is in daycare I have a much better chance and I can take some PTO.

Yep, Monday-Friday, 8AM to 4:30PM. Shop is only available to me on weekends or holidays.

Finished up painting today. I couldn't help but put the photo side of the wheels back on. Looks like I'll be rained out tomorrow but perhaps I'll play the parking lot game and attempt to back it halfway into the garage so I can tackle some of the wiring. It will all depend on whether or not the wiring / rest of the lights come in the mail.

Are you aware of the laws for trailer lights?

From what I gather I need to have: each side brake / turn signals in the rear (can these also act as clearance lights since they are at the widest part) , a third brake light, and a front clearance light on the widest part of the front of the fender (yellow), license plate light. I will also add an additional yellow light towards the front of the trailer.

Are you aware of the laws for trailer lights?

From what I gather I need to have: each side brake / turn signals in the rear (can these also act as clearance lights since they are at the widest part) , a third brake light, and a front clearance light on the widest part of the front of the fender (yellow), license plate light. I will also add an additional yellow light towards the front of the trailer.
Your two tail lights can be side marker lights if they can be seen from the side.

Reactions: Alex01
Your two tail lights can be side marker lights if they can be seen from the side.
I got all the lights in place yesterday. I decided to run a red led as a clearance light in the rear. Hopefully I'll finish up the wiring today and take a nice night time photo.
You have the knock off LED headlights.... correct? If so, are they plug and play? No alteration of your factory wiring?
Yes they are plug and play. The anti flicker thing they sell is only needed for jks.

I really like the lights. I have had them a year now and have had no issues.

I got all the lights in place yesterday. I decided to run a red led as a clearance light in the rear. Hopefully I'll finish up the wiring today and take a nice night time photo.

Yes they are plug and play. The anti flicker thing they sell is only needed for jks.

I really like the lights. I have had them a year now and have had no issues.
Can't wait for the light show tonight!
Are your headlights still white when turn them on? I don't like that blue tint. Also when you get a chance, would you mind taking a picture of your headlights during the day with them off? Would like to see what they look like. Some have a different/funny look to them. I would like to get a set before Moab.