Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Let the disassembly start. Annoying I messed up the threads on the drag link. I'm hoping I can chase them with a die since it's only the top part that the bolt goes over anyways. I've removed the thing countless times without any issue.

Took about 3 hours to pull the front axle. I probably spent a good hour though looking at the jack stands to make sure they were solid. (Just picked up a set of revised 6 ton stands. The welds looked good)
20200618_213951.jpg
20200619_000658.jpg
20200619_003503.jpg

Are you going to fix the leaky diff while it's out?
Yes that's the plan. I pulled the front first so I could start the draining process. You can see in the last photo I turned it so I could get the maximum amount of fluid out.
Looks like you'll have some MC arms for sale soon!
Sure will. I'll need to dream up a price. They are all double adjustable and have less than 5k on them. (Likely closer to 3k). I'll likely ask 8 and see if there is any interest. I'll also have the rear jks TB and angled mount for sale for $100.

Yes that's the plan. I pulled the front first so I could start the draining process. You can see in the last photo I turned it so I could get the maximum amount of fluid out.

Sure will. I'll need to dream up a price. They are all double adjustable and have less than 5k on them. (Likely closer to 3k). I'll likely ask 8 and see if there is any interest. I'll also have the rear jks TB and angled mount for sale for $100.

I may be interested in your rear TB. My RC TB doesn't give me much clearance to the gas tank skid, and I'd like to move my rear axle back a bit. A Savvy GTS may be in my future plans.

I may be interested in your rear TB. My RC TB doesn't give me much clearance to the gas tank skid, and I'd like to move my rear axle back a bit. A Savvy GTS may be in my future plans.
There are sharks in these waters :ROFLMAO: @BuildBreakRepeat already laid claim through PM. Once I get it removed I'll be giving him a shipping quote. If it's expensive I'd bet he'd choose to buy a new one, especially since he doesn't pay sales tax in his state.

Did moving your muffler back create future clearance issues for the UMA?
UMA?

The exhaust will need to be redone after the midarm. My best guess is that the passenger side upper control arm is going to want to occupy the same spot and the routing over the axle won't work as it is. I'll have a shop do all the work and fix all my shitty welds while it's there.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I believe it will be in the way, but my muffler should be in the same spot as it was before. I took 7" out from in front of the cat and added 7" behind.
Good so you didn’t change position from stock, you just need to do like @Midnight LJR did. I never put my tail pipe back on after the new tank cause it doesn’t fit the same and almost bar-b-qued a Fox.

I need the front MC's bro!

Reactions: Alex01