Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Drove the jeep 15ft out of the garage. Still need to get the skids back on and exhaust but it feels like a major achievement just moving it again. Special thanks to @Midnight LJR for all the help with grinding/welding, @jjvw, and @toximus for answering all the questions I threw at you, and @mrblaine for letting me pick your brain a bit the other day, the guidance, and help you provided.

I can't wait to go wheeling again later this month.

View attachment 174909

The blue tap is for the minor rust repair under the door. Still waiting for the body match paint to arrive and didn't feel like removing the tape for the photo.

Beast! For some reason the mid arm makes it look even better.

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
Drove the jeep 15ft out of the garage. Still need to get the skids back on and exhaust but it feels like a major achievement just moving it again. Special thanks to @Midnight LJR for all the help with grinding/welding, @jjvw, and @toximus for answering all the questions I threw at you, and @mrblaine for letting me pick your brain a bit the other day, the guidance, and help you provided.

I can't wait to go wheeling again later this month.

View attachment 174909

The blue tap is for the minor rust repair under the door. Still waiting for the body match paint to arrive and didn't feel like removing the tape for the photo.
You're welcome and I haven't found that piece you need yet but I will look some more this morning. BTW- you are the second I've seen who put their MC vents on the outside. All the rest are on the inside.

You're welcome and I haven't found that piece you need yet but I will look some more this morning. BTW- you are the second I've seen who put their MC vents on the outside. All the rest are on the inside.
I didn't even think of putting them in the rear. I may need to try it that way just to see what it looks like.

I appreciate you taking a look.

Reactions: Wildman
BTW- you are the second I've seen who put their MC vents on the outside. All the rest are on the inside.

Unless I'm already #1 do I get to be #3?

20170408_190055.jpg

Wow. That's barely even recognizable to what it looks like now. You did an amazing job on your build.

Thanks!

Sometimes when going back to old pictures I wonder if I have a problem keeping my Jeep together. Lol! That picture was from spring 2017 the day I put on a 2" lift for 33s, 2 months before removing the axles and going to a 4" lift and 35s, which was 6 months before starting to go to 37s and Dana 60s... all in the same year...