Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Hate when they don't either tell you or include those longer bolts. I know how irritated I get. But going to town is a hour adventure for me too.

Reactions: Alex01
wouldn't it be more bombproof if the pressure switch was between the clutch and the relay? Asking for a friend.

0557F249-D5BD-4594-926C-B49050CCEB3B.jpeg

wouldn't it be more bombproof if the pressure switch was between the clutch and the relay? Asking for a friend.

View attachment 204957
Looks great. Was your belt a total pita to install? I got mine one but it was a struggle. I think I need to get a smaller pulley in position 2 as described in the manual.

Also, glad to see I'm not the only one that dates and writes the mileage on oil filters.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Looks great. Was your belt a total pita to install? I got mine one but it was a struggle. I think I need to get a smaller pulley in position 2 as described in the manual.

Also, glad to see I'm not the only one that dates and writes the mileage on oil filters.
The belt wasn’t bad and the date is probably all I need to write I never get close to the mileage.

So my thought was if the relay sticks the pressure switch between the relay and clutch is a fail safe, thoughts?

Yes and also you just always want to have a pressure switch but also a pressure relief. I'd rather smoke a compressor if the WORST happened than blow up a tank or other parts.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Yes and also you just always want to have a pressure switch but also a pressure relief. I'd rather smoke a compressor if the WORST happened than blow up a tank or other parts.

Good to know. That question was above my limited wiring knowledge.

Would a gauge in the cab help know if something was wrong or would it just read the line pressure even when off? - assuming its air tight.

Good to know. That question was above my limited wiring knowledge.

Believe me I am not a wiring wizard.
But as Doc said the pressure switch is your first safety then your pressure relief valve and then hopefully if it ran too long your fuse/circuit breaker would pop.

Would a gauge in the cab help know if something was wrong or would it just read the line pressure even when off? - assuming its air tight.

You could can tell if you have a gauge in the cab. That's why I have 3 one for each of the air circuits I have.

I just saw this on ORO's site.
https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-boa...board-air/off-road-only-air-kit-york-saver-2/
......Mine didn't come with a pressure release. I'll look again but I'm fairly confident I don't have one. Do you happen to know what PSI it should release at if I was to add one?

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
It depends on the the pressure switch is rated at. If you have a 90/115 like JJVW then a 120/125 would be good. But you need to match the two items.

1606020609449.png

Something like this one.

Got it mostly finished up. I still need to attach the mount a bit better but it was on good enough to test. I lowered the psi in the tire to 8 and it filled back up to 25 in 1min 4 seconds. My arb single pump was around 2-2.5. Just for fun I hooked the air gun up to see how it would do.

Thanks for pushing me over the ledge @Wildman.

here's the intake for the york.
20201121_205844.jpg

Just for fun.

I was reading somewhere that they recommended changing the oil on the york once a year. Does that sound right? Would you just suck up what you can then fill it back up or would it require removing the york?

It seems to me like that's a strange service interval based on the fact that yorks are used as A/C units....