Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

I sold the rockhard sliders for $150. I was hoping to get the bushwacker fender flares sold today also but the person I was talking to stopped responding. I still need to post my oem fender. Maybe tomorrow.

I finally got the all the wires / hardware attached to the inner fenders and started the jeep for the first time in about 3 weeks. Next, paint the front fenders silver and the flares black.
Nice!! I didn't think it would take you long to sell your sliders.

Reactions: Alex01
Nice!! I didn't think it would take you long to sell your sliders.
Surprisingly not long at all. They only took 2 days to sell.

Was I talking about the bushwacker fender flares
I have not. I'll give it a few weeks and if I don't get any action I'll probably post them up on the forum.

Finished painting the fenders. @bobthetj03 how did I do?

20181220_192405.jpg

Paint is a bit off as expected. The fenders are a bit deeper then the body. With any luck once the paint fully cures and I can buff it some of it will blend in. Like I said earlier though if it bugs me enough I will have a pro do it. At this point I would consider just waiting a year or so and just doing a full respray.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Paint is a bit off as expected. The fenders are a bit deeper then the body. With any luck once the paint fully cures and I can buff it some of it will blend in. Like I said earlier though if it bugs me enough I will have a pro do it. At this point I would consider just waiting a year or so and just doing a full respray.

Maybe we can get a multi Jeep discount?

Looks good Alex. That color is tough to match even for professional painters. Most have to blend into the surrounding panels to get it to look right.

Looks good Alex. That color is tough to match even for professional painters. Most have to blend into the surrounding panels to get it to look right.
I didn't feel comfortable trying to blend the panels so it is what it is. I'll see how it turns out once the clear fully cures and I have a chance to buff the new and surrounding areas.

I took the jeep on the road for the first time in over 4 weeks today. I still need to wire up the front turn signals. I'm thinking I will hit the flares with some bedliner to give them some more durability.

I ordered the sliders from metalcloak earlier in the week. They have around a 2-3 week lead time so hopefully I can get them on at the end of jan. I will also bedline the sliders since they are coming in raw steel.

For a rattle can I am happy with the results. I may also order the vented access panel from MC.
20181227_101119.jpg

Looking sharp brah! Almost Moab ready!
I need to cycle the suspension to check the bump stops then install the sliders and I am good to go. I would love to put chromoly shafts F/R before the trip but the house needs to be painted so the jeep parts fund is low. I suppose if I have any issues while in moab amazon is only 2 days away. :p

I took the jeep on the road for the first time in over 4 weeks today. I still need to wire up the front turn signals. I'm thinking I will hit the flares with some bedliner to give them some more durability.

I ordered the sliders from metalcloak earlier in the week. They have around a 2-3 week lead time so hopefully I can get them on at the end of jan. I will also bedline the sliders since they are coming in raw steel.

For a rattle can I am happy with the results. I may also order the vented access panel from MC. View attachment 69419

Looks great! I like that you painted that body portion of the MC fender, it looks much better that way.

Where are the sliders?

Looks great! I like that you painted that body portion of the MC fender, it looks much better that way.

Where are the sliders?
I sold my set of rockhard 4x4 sliders since I didn't want to modify them to fit the fenders. I ordered Metal Cloak sliders earlier this week. They will take around 2-3 weeks to ship.

Reactions: tomtaylz and Chris

For a rattle can I am happy with the results. I may also order the vented access panel from MC. View attachment 69419
Looking good!!